whistling noise.

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Jon A wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:33 pm …so, apart from resealing the window frames, sunroom seals, clearing the drains and making sure the door handles aren’t cracked, we can then check the transfer box is ok. Then we can make sure we have “run in” the mass produced engine, bedded in the brake pads and then changed the oil every couple of days unless we have driven far enough to warm the engine.
In the meantime my wife has covered 50,000 miles in her M240i cabriolet without a single leak, engine issue, oil loss and without ever running it in or doing more than about 5 miles every journey and all this on just one change of brake pads…
Beginning to suspect that the Macan might be a very high maintenance SUV! 😂😂
We had an Audi TT which was used and abused for nearly 100,000 pretty much trouble free. Original transfer box, brake discs, suspension etc.. :D

My Macan has been ok so far but has not been abused :D :D

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Presume that you haven't got an irritating passenger that likes to whistle 🤔🤔
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Tape around window/door frames bit by bit. Had this on a GLC and Mercedes eventually exchanged front drivers/passenger windows with thicker sound proof glass. Obviously this is a hammer to open a nut approach but if worked.... But your car is out of warranty so not an option. Tape will at least help identify culprit.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

^^^^ plus both had / have excellent body panel and bonnet alignment with minimal panel gaps.👍
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver