Android interface

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
GlobalNomad

Post by GlobalNomad »

Rarecolour wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:43 am I was seriously tempted, but the wife use an isheep phone so we just use that.
Don't know how Porsche would react warranty claim wise if anything went pear-shaped either.
If experiences are good I would take the risk on warranty. In any case when the free time of Porsche map updates and traffic info ends, it will be better to rely on Apple and Android for maps. I am planning this this to be a keeper.

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

I've only read positive feedback on Rennlist about it, if you're happy with the risk go for it. Can be a game changer for certain owners.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Bit of a thread revival, but has anyone got any experience of the CarLinkit trick box that allows Android Auto to be displayed on the Macan's PCM?
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
hellarda

Post by hellarda »

I don't have that specific box - but went with a similar one. The Ottocast U2-X-Pro

All of these boxes work to an extent, it's not the best AA experience, but it's better than nothing.

There does seem to be an annoying issue with the Ottocast (which I have raised with support and they are looking into) in that the audio delay on outgoing calls is unusable - it's a good 3/4 seconds. Whereas on incoming calls there is still a delay, but it's only half a second ish so is useable.

Waze/Spotify etc all work great though.
Handy156

Post by Handy156 »

petew0557 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:44 pm Quick question, can i play music from my Samsung phone via bluetooth in Macan Gen 3?
https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/shop-car ... -auto-kits

;)