Drainage ducts need cleaning Sir. Kerching!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I used a wet and dry vacuum to such the muck out from the bottom, that way there is no danger of breaking anything.

I dont think a rod or pipe cleaner type thing will work as there are tight bends in the pipe.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Kleynie wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:59 pm I used a wet and dry vacuum to such the muck out from the bottom, that way there is no danger of breaking anything.

I dont think a rod or pipe cleaner type thing will work as there are tight bends in the pipe.

the pipe cleaner comment was tongue in cheek

Found this on aliexpress - I don't recommend anyone use it.... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003238877152.html

I pour some hand hot soapy water down the four roof drains before and after winter, and check the run out under the car
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

This issue is really bugging me as I really would like to spec the pano roof, not for the opening but for the light it lets in. If I have it but NEVER open the roof, can I safely assume the drains cannot become blocked, even if it's parked under trees?
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

You could always PPF the entire roof covering the pano :D . Probably best to disable the roof mechanism - maybe a fuse you could remove … I’ll get my coat :shock:
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Must admit I was driving through London over the weekend at night with pano open - it was brilliant!!
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Old Chimer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:46 pm This issue is really bugging me as I really would like to spec the pano roof, not for the opening but for the light it lets in. If I have it but NEVER open the roof, can I safely assume the drains cannot become blocked, even if it's parked under trees?
Just spec it. You will be fine....unless you regularly park under trees. Or if you do not fully close it...always check. Never had a problem with either of my Macans. I open the pano regularly on tilt and in the warmer months fully retracted. 8-)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Serious question from a non pano person.

How exactly does the water get in if the roof is closed?
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:37 pm Serious question from a non pano person.

How exactly does the water get in if the roof is closed?
It doesn't when the car is new - assuming it's fitted properly - but over time the roof seals harden and start to let a bit of water in. Then, especially if it is left under a tree that exudes sap and pollen like my silver birch does, the channels get gummed up and blocked.

A bit of silicon lubricant applied autumn and spring should keep everything running smoothly.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

mueslibrown wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:16 pm You could always PPF the entire roof covering the pano :D . Probably best to disable the roof mechanism - maybe a fuse you could remove … I’ll get my coat :shock:
Seriously, that had already crossed my mind as an option.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

SAC1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:35 pm
Old Chimer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:46 pm This issue is really bugging me as I really would like to spec the pano roof, not for the opening but for the light it lets in. If I have it but NEVER open the roof, can I safely assume the drains cannot become blocked, even if it's parked under trees?
Just spec it. You will be fine....unless you regularly park under trees.
That's the issue, I do (and have no choice but to due to TPO on the tree in question).