What Are These Sections Called?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

... and those repairers won't want to lose the Porsche endorsement for sure
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Jon A wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:10 pm I agree right decision Bazza but they didn’t so much see you coming as caught you on radar!
Why do they need a diagnostic system to see a dent and a scratch I wonder?
We do get sucked into this Porsche overcharging (I am the same) very easily don’t we….
I don't know, Jon. I can ask about the diagnostic system when I book it in, but I did think the same.
Although the damage is very minor, I don't know whether the diagnostics system helps determine whether any sensors have been affected.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Bazza06 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:53 pm
Jon A wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:10 pm I agree right decision Bazza but they didn’t so much see you coming as caught you on radar!
Why do they need a diagnostic system to see a dent and a scratch I wonder?
We do get sucked into this Porsche overcharging (I am the same) very easily don’t we….
I don't know, Jon. I can ask about the diagnostic system when I book it in, but I did think the same.
Although the damage is very minor, I don't know whether the diagnostics system helps determine whether any sensors have been affected.
Possibly. I still think you have made the right decision cos the car is so new. Might be different if three or four years old but I too would want reliable perfect.
It just feels like we would pay £100 for Porsche to put air in the tyres as long as it was done by a Porsche technician… 😂
Good luck with the repair mate 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Where are you Bazza? I've got a local, self employed, no franchise, mobile repairer that you can trust. His first job when he transitioned from detailer to painter was a Ferrari and he's not looked back.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I would have tried cheaper option first and then if not happy taken the hit and paid for second - it’s what I did with the 992 but I just didn’t need the more expensive option !

The guys I used were personally recommended to me directly by Andy Bruce for those of you that may have heard of him - his cars make mine looks like mini metros!!
Last edited by Tracky on Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Bazza06 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:09 pm An update following my earlier posts.

I have obtained three quotes, one from a smart repairer and two from officially approved Porsche repairers.

It'll be no surprise that the smart repair was the cheapest at £442.
Quotes from the Porsche approved repairers came in at £1900 & £3100.

I know people will think I'm mad, but I am going to have the work done by the cheapest of the Porsche approved repairers.

The smart repairer gave me a 2 line quote which basically said "repair scratch".

The Porsche approved repairers provided a detailed breakdown of the work to be conducted, parts cost and labour charges.
I just feel more comfortable using a Porsche approved supplier, and if there were any issues, I have the ability to refer back to Porsche.
I wouldn’t be afraid of using the cheapest quoted company, if I was you, as long as they are good, or have good recommendations.
I needed some paintwork doing on my vehicle. I contacted my supplying dealer for their contacts, for bodywork. They gave me a couple of contacts. One was a top end body shop Chartwells, the other was a small indi’. They quoted far less than Chartwells. So I took it to the indi’. They said they do the work on the dealers vehicles.
I got the impression that the dealer took their stock to them, and customers cars were dealt with by the large concern, where I presume most of the work will be insurance related costs.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

There's three options, two in South York's, one Sussex and you could get a day out thrown in for nothing!
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Years ago I got the card of a guy who was working on cars round the back of our local Audi dealer on behalf of the dealer. He has done some amazing work for me and my family at a fraction of the dealers quotes. He likes cash too.
As above I'd ask the dealers who they use for small jobs.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I had an excellent repair done to the rear bumper of my 911 by the local Chips Away guy. I checked out his reviews first. He did a really good job & great value! :)

By contrast, when I got my Macan ceramic coated by a reputable GTechniq detailer, he had not heard great things about the local Porsche-approved body shop...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions, I very much appreciate the different viewpoints.

I don't doubt that there are independents that will do a fantastic job, if not better than some approved repairers, and had the vehicle been outside the warranty period, I would most probably use one.
But it's because it is less than 3 months old, that I'm concerned if at a later date something occurs which requires repairs under warranty, that Porsche will look to negate their responsibility.

Mad, I know :)
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver