What Are These Sections Called?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Tracky wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:24 pm Ps

You could just wait for the next Audi driver to tailgate you (won’t have to wait long) and then brake hard because a cat ran out in the road….

This will get it fixed on their insurance and also the cat will redeem itself
I thought exactly the same thing when driving to work, because since this pandemic began, it has generated an abundance of complete and utter pricks on the road.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Bazza06 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:23 pm
Tracky wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:24 pm Ps

You could just wait for the next Audi driver to tailgate you (won’t have to wait long) and then brake hard because a cat ran out in the road….

This will get it fixed on their insurance and also the cat will redeem itself
I thought exactly the same thing when driving to work, because since this pandemic began, it has generated an abundance of complete and utter pricks on the road.
They have always been there - you have just started to notice them as there is a bit less traffic
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

An update following my earlier posts.

I have obtained three quotes, one from a smart repairer and two from officially approved Porsche repairers.

It'll be no surprise that the smart repair was the cheapest at £442.
Quotes from the Porsche approved repairers came in at £1900 & £3100.

I know people will think I'm mad, but I am going to have the work done by the cheapest of the Porsche approved repairers.

The smart repairer gave me a 2 line quote which basically said "repair scratch".

The Porsche approved repairers provided a detailed breakdown of the work to be conducted, parts cost and labour charges.
I just feel more comfortable using a Porsche approved supplier, and if there were any issues, I have the ability to refer back to Porsche.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
GTB

Post by GTB »

Bazza06

I feel your pain!! Personally I would have made the same decision, yes big cost diffrence, but a new car, you know what the damage looked like and anything not back to being factory perfect, I wouldnt be happy with,

Thats one expensive cat for sure.........................................

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

GTB wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:55 pm Bazza06

I feel your pain!! Personally I would have made the same decision, yes big cost diffrence, but a new car, you know what the damage looked like and anything not back to being factory perfect, I wouldnt be happy with,

Thats one expensive cat for sure.........................................

GTB
Cheers GTB.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Both Porsche Approved repairers quoted a charge of £125 for PIWIS.

I had no idea what this referred to, but turns out PIWIS stands for Porsche Integrated Workshop Information System and is a diagnostic system.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I agree right decision Bazza but they didn’t so much see you coming as caught you on radar!
Why do they need a diagnostic system to see a dent and a scratch I wonder?
We do get sucked into this Porsche overcharging (I am the same) very easily don’t we….
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

I am fortunate in having a local guy (ex Chips Away) who I have used for the last 15 years for minor body work. One job he did on top of a wing just started to raise after two years. He came round and spent 3 hours rectifying - no charge. I just hope Porsche accountants don't get hold of him.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Bazza06 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:09 pm The Porsche approved repairers provided a detailed breakdown of the work to be conducted, parts cost and labour charges.
I just feel more comfortable using a Porsche approved supplier, and if there were any issues, I have the ability to refer back to Porsche.
It's employing people to prepare these breakdowns and think of extra things to plausibly add to them that helps drive up the cost. More importantly "Porsche approved" doesn't equate to an indemnity, if it ain't right I doubt Porsche will get involved, it'll be between you and the repairer.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:37 pm
Bazza06 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:09 pm The Porsche approved repairers provided a detailed breakdown of the work to be conducted, parts cost and labour charges.
It's employing people to prepare these breakdowns and think of extra things to plausibly add to them that helps drive up the cost. More importantly "Porsche approved" doesn't equate to an indemnity, if it ain't right I doubt Porsche will get involved, it'll be between you and the repairer.
I'm sure that would be the case, to begin with, but any company that puts its brand behind another, would be very foolish to not take some responsibility should a dispute ensue.
Porsche are listing these approved repairers on their own website.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver