Apple Car Play on an early macan PCM 3.1

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
peter7

Post by peter7 »

This topic may have been covered .. has anyone fitted themselves or had fitted the following ?
Any comments or advise much appreciated .

https://www.design911shop.com/Wireless- ... cKEALw_wcB
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars

Jaws

Post by Jaws »

I have just ordered and Isudar unit from AliExpress. Seems to be the updates chipboard which negates the need for a separate box. Will update in due course when it turns up and get chance to fit! Recently fitted something similar to an Audi S4 and it made a HUGE difference so the PCM was a big step back. Hoping it'll go smoothly!
Don16

Post by Don16 »

I fitted similar to isundar unit and it's decent. I also like the fact there's no external box.

peter7

Post by peter7 »

Jaws wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:50 pm I have just ordered and Isudar unit from AliExpress. Seems to be the updates chipboard which negates the need for a separate box. Will update in due course when it turns up and get chance to fit! Recently fitted something similar to an Audi S4 and it made a HUGE difference so the PCM was a big step back. Hoping it'll go smoothly!
I just watched the video ... and to be honest it looks far more fiddly than the joyeauto that I have fitted from design 911 ... but it seems to do the same job .. I guess it does car play and or android ... but mine does have the separate box which is easily installed above the glove box and has an input for updates if and when they are needed ... I THINK GETTING THE DASH APART IS PROBABLY THE MOST TRICKY .... but once you know where you can apply pressure its straight forward.... feel free to dm me if you need any tips along the way . And keep us updated ... btw how much was your kit > £
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Design 911 I paid £378 delivered .... I did get a small discount ... very good helpful UK business , quick delivery or can collect from Brentwood area
Handy156

Post by Handy156 »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:55 pm NM Automotive has an offering.

https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/carplay-androidauto
I am having Nick install "Factory" Apple CarPlay & Android Audio to my PCM 4 tonight.

This involves no aftermarket kit wired in.

Very helpful and knowledgeable chap.

Will update after install complete.

:)
Handy156

Post by Handy156 »

As promised feedback form the install.

Everything was perfect Nick was a gent and arranged to undertake install late evening for me.

Can not recommend his services enough guys.

https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/shop-car ... -auto-kits

Regards

J :P