Drainage ducts need cleaning Sir. Kerching!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Interestingly, I contacted OPC Tonbridge to get their price for unblocking the drains, and they have quoted £71.40 for the front drains, and £51.00 for the sunroof drains, both prices include VAT. They also charge for the door sill drains, but as my car is only 2 years old, they said they very much doubted that they’d be a problem with these, so didn’t give me a price.

I also contacted Porsche UK about this matter, and I’m awaiting their reply, so I’ll keep you posted!
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon

Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Hadn't read this thread previously but very glad I have now. We have a very large specimen of a semi-evergreen Arbutus Unendo (Strawberry Tree) that overhangs our driveway. It sheds lots of small leaves and masses of jelly-like blossom not to mention the Strawberry-like fruits.

Suffice to say I shall not now be ordering the pano roof!
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Old Chimer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:54 pm Hadn't read this thread previously but very glad I have now. We have a very large specimen of a semi-evergreen Arbutus Unendo (Strawberry Tree) that overhangs our driveway. It sheds lots of small leaves and masses of jelly-like blossom not to mention the Strawberry-like fruits.

Wise man! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:05 pm
Old Chimer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:54 pm Hadn't read this thread previously but very glad I have now. We have a very large specimen of a semi-evergreen Arbutus Unendo (Strawberry Tree) that overhangs our driveway. It sheds lots of small leaves and masses of jelly-like blossom not to mention the Strawberry-like fruits.

Pee'd off though as I'd prefer to have the roof. Wife is insistent that we have black leather, and the pano roof would at least have brightened the interior somewhat.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Old Chimer wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:28 pm

Pee'd off though as I'd prefer to have the roof. Wife is insistent that we have black leather, and the pano roof would at least have brightened the interior somewhat.
Not sure you need to not spec if you want it. There will be thousands of vehicles that have experienced no problems at all. Also if you are buying new (as I am) then there will be a warranty for the vast majority of your ownership.
It doesn’t sound like too onerous a task to keep the drains checked to me?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I’ve had 4 Porsches, all with black interiors & none with pano roof. I honestly have not felt the interiors to be oppressive or claustrophobic at all. :)

I think there’s a (another) myth perpetuated by OPC salespeople that black interiors are too dark without a pano roof; along with ‘You’ll never sell it without a pano, or Bose!’.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:36 pm

I’ve had 4 Porsches, all with black interiors & none with pano roof. I honestly have not felt the interiors to be oppressive or claustrophobic at all. :)

I think there’s a (another) myth perpetuated by OPC salespeople that black interiors are too dark without a pano roof; along with ‘You’ll never sell it without a pano, or Bose!’.
Agree with Simon on these points. I have specced a roof but not for resale but because I have wanted an opening roof since three cars ago and for one reason or another didn’t manage to get. When I last had one, I opened it regularly, but agree I don’t think it enhances a black interior any more than without?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Old Chimer. If that's not an offer of marriage I don't know what is. :D
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:35 pm Not sure you need to not spec if you want it. There will be thousands of vehicles that have experienced no problems at all. Also if you are buying new (as I am) then there will be a warranty for the vast majority of your ownership.
It doesn’t sound like too onerous a task to keep the drains checked to me?
Yes, but if, as seems to be the case, these drains are easily blocked, they're near certain to get blocked if stood on our driveway. And with servicing only every two years, and likely need for clearing at more regular intervals (at variable estimates of cost), it's simply not worth the aggro.
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:54 pm

Old Chimer. If that's not an offer of marriage I don't know what is. :D
I'm already spoken for ;)