Electric??

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
drgav2005

Post by drgav2005 »

MrBaozi wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:38 pm Have a Macan coming for the Mrs coming in March and collected this just before xmas so kinda get the best of both worlds.

Amazing car however it's stupidly expensive. Also I woudn't consider any other EV currently available at the moment and I would never consider an EV in a single car household unless 95% of your driving is local.
Oooooft! That is stunning 🤩

Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Miopyk wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:49 am
Pivot wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:41 am This duel can easily be resolved with Handbags at Noon

👀 🍿 🥤
LOL :lol: I'll have to see if my wife will lend me one of her bigger ones.

To be fair Peterski probably has a lot of useful knowledge on electric vehicles that some members on here would find useful. However as others have already said his approach is quite abrasive and he lacks the mental capacity to accept that others are entitled to their own views and opinions on this subject.

I'm not even sure why he posts on here as he's never owned a Macan so has limited knowledge and experience to be able to offer any serious comparative insight and as far as I can tell only posts on threads about electric vehicles solely with the intention of promoting his own strong opinions and views on his Tesla ownership experience whilst posting endless drivel to counter any views or opinions that he doesn't agree with.

Frankly, he's a closet Premium ICE hater on a one man crusade to either antagonise, insult or bore our generally friendly Macan community to a point where I think a lot of people don't bother posting on this subject because they know he'll keep popping up to correct them. But I also suspect he also secretly wishes he had bought a bright Carmine Red Macan GTS instead of his silly Tesla so he could feel that he was a proper member with a proper car ;)

He'll probably be along shortly with more endless drivel to tell me why I'm wrong. Again :roll:
I think the irony of the fact that you accuse him of being abrasive and lacking mental capacity, whilst being fairly abrasive and lacking the mental capacity to see it, is lost on you.

As I see it, he gave a differing view - being someone who had put his money where his mouth is. And he is met with others posting countless drivel because they do not agree with what he is saying.

He was toying with a Macan when I was, which I suspect was why he was here. And like many Tesla owners that I know, he is probably really glad he didnt but a noisy ICE car. Maybe when you have a Tesla you are confident enough in your own skin to not need a loud (in noise), loud in colour car with a posh badge.

I wouldnt know, I have an RS4. And a Mini. But I can see why people might want something different to what I drive. Or vote different to my political views. Or prefer different foods, or wines, or locations. We can all have our own views, and of course part of a forum is that you share them. I guess if you dont want someone to disagree with you, dont post your own.

And that I guess is the ultimate irony in your post...
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I think it’s a shame he left because the EV debate can be educational and Poteski did offer much in the way of useful info albeit somewhat Tesla focused. I did feel he was a little narrow minded and certainly Tesla-centric but then we all want to speak up for the cars we have made decisions to buy.
No problem with challenging people’s views or questioning “facts” but there is never any need for personal comments - I don’t think the conversations would have been quite the same around a pub table over a pint!!
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Another one gone? What's Tracky said this time????
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Isleaiw wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:24 pm
Pivot wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:41 am This duel can easily be resolved with Handbags at Noon

👀 🍿 🥤

To be fair Peterski probably has a lot of useful knowledge on electric vehicles that some members on here would find useful. However as others have already said his approach is quite abrasive and he lacks the mental capacity to accept that others are entitled to their own views and opinions on this subject.

I'm not even sure why he posts on here as he's never owned a Macan so has limited knowledge and experience to be able to offer any serious comparative insight and as far as I can tell only posts on threads about electric vehicles solely with the intention of promoting his own strong opinions and views on his Tesla ownership experience whilst posting endless drivel to counter any views or opinions that he doesn't agree with.

Frankly, he's a closet Premium ICE hater on a one man crusade to either antagonise, insult or bore our generally friendly Macan community to a point where I think a lot of people don't bother posting on this subject because they know he'll keep popping up to correct them. But I also suspect he also secretly wishes he had bought a bright Carmine Red Macan GTS instead of his silly Tesla so he could feel that he was a proper member with a proper car ;)

He'll probably be along shortly with more endless drivel to tell me why I'm wrong. Again :roll:
I think the irony of the fact that you accuse him of being abrasive and lacking mental capacity, whilst being fairly abrasive and lacking the mental capacity to see it, is lost on you.

As I see it, he gave a differing view - being someone who had put his money where his mouth is. And he is met with others posting countless drivel because they do not agree with what he is saying.

He was toying with a Macan when I was, which I suspect was why he was here. And like many Tesla owners that I know, he is probably really glad he didnt but a noisy ICE car. Maybe when you have a Tesla you are confident enough in your own skin to not need a loud (in noise), loud in colour car with a posh badge.

I wouldnt know, I have an RS4. And a Mini. But I can see why people might want something different to what I drive. Or vote different to my political views. Or prefer different foods, or wines, or locations. We can all have our own views, and of course part of a forum is that you share them. I guess if you dont want someone to disagree with you, dont post your own.

I can understand why you would say that but when someone accuses me of scaremongering and posting dubious facts when I've done no such thing I'm going to stand up for myself and give as good as I get. His last response to me on this thread was actually pretty decent and I said as much whilst advising that he would find people far more appreciative of his comments if he didn't try to hammer his views into them.

As I've said previously we're all entitled to our opinions but unlike him I'm not going to tell you yours is wrong only that I see it from a different perspective.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
GWL

Post by GWL »

Deleted User 1874 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:19 am
Virtually all electric car charging is done overnight when grid demand is currently very low. In future, grid demand will be more evenly distributed around the clock. Overall grid demand has also been falling over the last decade as we become more energy efficient and there is still a long way to go in that respect, both in domestic and commercial usage. I'm sure there will need to be some infrastructure investment, but that is inevitable.

https://www.nationalgrid.com/stories/jo ... ctric-cars
You miss my point. I'm not referring to the National Grid - that has enough capacity.

I was referring the the local electricity distribution companies (DNOs), who are the link between the grid and your house. There is a lot of infrastructure at street level which was installed for demand levels of some 40 or more years ago. It is deteriorating and not up to the task.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

What about the gas grid does that suffer from the same level of abuse?
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
GWL

Post by GWL »

Toddie wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:27 pm What about the gas grid does that suffer from the same level of abuse?
The gas network has undergone (and is still undergoing) major renewal over the past decade (we've probably all been affected by the roadworks). The gas distributors have to do it because it's a far far bigger safety issue if you have an old leaking gas main which could blow up a few houses compared to an electricity cable failing which usually just cuts of power - hence no major replacement programme.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

GWL wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:25 pm
Deleted User 1874 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:19 am
Virtually all electric car charging is done overnight when grid demand is currently very low. In future, grid demand will be more evenly distributed around the clock. Overall grid demand has also been falling over the last decade as we become more energy efficient and there is still a long way to go in that respect, both in domestic and commercial usage. I'm sure there will need to be some infrastructure investment, but that is inevitable.

https://www.nationalgrid.com/stories/jo ... ctric-cars
You miss my point. I'm not referring to the National Grid - that has enough capacity.

I was referring the the local electricity distribution companies (DNOs), who are the link between the grid and your house. There is a lot of infrastructure at street level which was installed for demand levels of some 40 or more years ago. It is deteriorating and not up to the task.
I will state up front that I'm not an electrical engineer. IMHO, a bigger problem for local distribution than deterioration is change in demand. Electricity is generated, and transmitted via the national grid, as 3 phase. Domestic usage is almost always single phase. When a local distribution network is laid out there are likely to be some three phase users (small factories) and some single phase. The single phase users are connected up in a way that balances the load across all three phases. Greater load on one or two phases compared to the others creates out of balance losses.

If a developer builds houses at the end of a single phase cable this has the potential to create unbalance and over the years these unbalancing losses will increase. Whilst a few people coupling up their electric cars overnight will not create problems there is the potential for issues when electric car usage becomes widespread. These are not insurmountable problems but will require planning and eventually investment.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Miopyk wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:13 pm
Isleaiw wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:24 pm

I can understand why you would say that but when someone accuses me of scaremongering and posting dubious facts when I've done no such thing I'm going to stand up for myself and give as good as I get. His last response to me on this thread was actually pretty decent and I said as much whilst advising that he would find people far more appreciative of his comments if he didn't try to hammer his views into them.

As I've said previously we're all entitled to our opinions but unlike him I'm not going to tell you yours is wrong only that I see it from a different perspective.
Its a forum, everyone thinks the other view is wrong or they probably wouldnt respond. Pete struck me a guy who had made the leap and was providing some balance, and the place is worse without him.

I never found him abrasive but I do find I tend to only be abrasive to people that are abrasive to me, and the written word is so much easier to see as abrasive than being in the same room as someone saying the same words....

Now where is that model Y configurator ;)