Electric??

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GTB

Post by GTB »

pmg wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:43 pm
neilj007 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:34 pm Has Peterski left us?
Yes. his past posts showing as a deleted user
Maybe his batteries run out of charge!! ;) ;)

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Paul1970 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:24 pm For me personally, I do a 100 mile round trip once or twice a week. A Tesla would work perfectly. The problem is that although it makes no economical sense, I wanted an ICE. My 2 Porsches have looked great, sounded great and bring considerable joy. Peteski couldn’t accept that not all decisions are purely economic ones and so he proceeded to tell everyone they were making bad decisions. For me I lost all respect when he started telling us all that Teslas were great looking. Even Stevie Wonder could tell you that the X is one of the most hideous cars out there and that Teslas aren’t exactly head turners. Ultimately if you’ve got yourself a £90k hideous looking Tesla X you’re going to tell yourself it’s great no matter what.

There are many of us on here for whom electric does make sense and we may well end up with one in the next few years, but we don’t want one now for a plethora of reasons. I have 2 electric vehicles at the moment and they do a great job running around locally. But they are very poor on the motorway, the range plummets when it’s cold and although the mini is awesome for whizzing around local streets, it’s very limited.
The Taycan is a stunning looking car and so if I was spending £100k on electric I’d rather a shorter range Porsche than a longer range Tesla. I don’t care if Tesla tech is better, I value the emotional attachment as well. But the market is evolving rapidly and before going electric on my main vehicle i’d like to wait a bit and see how that market does evolve. Sadly Peteski seemed unable to see this as anything other than a dinosaur view and anti-Tesla.
+1. Well put Paul 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Spud

Post by Spud »

I will put my hat in the ring here, I love my GTS but also love electric, I am and always will be a Petrol head but we changed the wife’s car last August and despite never originally considering it bought a Mercedes EQA, when speaking to the Salesman he made me realise that it was ideal for us as the general daily use, we have so far covered nearly 5,000 miles at a cost below £180.00, 95% of charge is at home, when having to use a public charger, which I accept has been rare, it was not a problem, the drive and torque of the car is excellent, especially the one pedal drive, now I’m not saying they are the best thing since sliced bread but if you only rarely do journeys of over 220 miles then they are a really good choice,
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

@Spud, I think this is a general consensus. Electric for local stop and start trips. Petrol for a longer drive, especially when trying to get to the destination without having to setup a camp, while searching for charging point and possibly waiting in a queue to get charged.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I've not driven a full electric yet but did have a Panamera hybrid for a 48 hour test drive a couple of years ago and seriously considered buying one before I decided to quit work instead. The current Macan doesn't get used as much these days but its paid for and I decided to extend the warranty for another 3 years as I'd rather wait to see what happens with electric etc. over the next few years before committing one way or the other.

I do know that if and when that time comes I will look at all options including Tesla as they are clearly a major player in that market so it would be foolish not to but I also know the electric Macan is likely to be a front runner as well as I suspect it'll represent better value that the current Taycan line up.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Spud

Post by Spud »

Miopyk wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:35 am I've not driven a full electric yet but did have a Panamera hybrid for a 48 hour test drive a couple of years ago and seriously considered buying one before I decided to quit work instead. The current Macan doesn't get used as much these days but its paid for and I decided to extend the warranty for another 3 years as I'd rather wait to see what happens with electric etc. over the next few years before committing one way or the other.

I do know that if and when that time comes I will look at all options including Tesla as they are clearly a major player in that market so it would be foolish not to but I also know the electric Macan is likely to be a front runner as well as I suspect it'll represent better value that the current Taycan line up.
Neither had I until testing the EQA, It is a totally different drive to what I had been used to, the pick up is excellent it’s the slowing down that took some getting used to , I,e regenerative settings, I hardly touch the brake pedal, it’s a very smooth drive as well, it seems very strange when I get back in the GTS
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I don't understand the current trend of becoming a "deleted user". Why not just stop posting and/or visiting the forum instead of flouncing off into the sunset?
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

On-Track wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:03 pm
I don't understand the current trend of becoming a "deleted user". Why not just stop posting and/or visiting the forum instead of flouncing off into the sunset?
Probably because when you're personally insulted by people who don't know you, you feel that registering your departure is better than just hiding and people not noticing that you've gone.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

Have a Macan coming for the Mrs coming in March and collected this just before xmas so kinda get the best of both worlds.

Amazing car however it's stupidly expensive. Also I woudn't consider any other EV currently available at the moment and I would never consider an EV in a single car household unless 95% of your driving is local.

B4C79150-D0CC-4563-826F-5FE859F00DB8.JPG

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »