Electric??

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I've noticed there are 3 "Electric" threads running now so he's probably too busy finding facts to post on those ;)
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Not Christmas is it?
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

So there is a guy on the Tesla forum with the same user name that posted this a few months ago,

"There are plenty of guys driving around in ICE Porsches, BMWs, Mercs, Audis, Range Rovers, etc who go out of their way on car forums to rubbish Tesla at every opportunity for no obvious reason other than seeing Tesla as a threat to their status quo and fragile egos. Actually I think that is the very reason!"

I wonder if he spends a lot of time on his crusade on other forums as well 8-)
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Going back on subject.

One of my neighbours has just taken delivery of a Tesla, I'm not sure which model, and it will be interesting to get a first hand view from him on his experience with it over the next few months.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Miopyk wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:09 pm Going back on subject.

One of my neighbours has just taken delivery of a Tesla, I'm not sure which model, and it will be interesting to get a first hand view from him on his experience with it over the next few months.
An acquaintance of mine is a real petrol head - has had C63s, 340iT, S4, etc etc and currently has a Caterham 420. But his other car is now a Tesla Model 3 - and not even the performance version, the long range. His view after driving that for over 12 months - cant see himself going back to ICE for his daily.

We all have a view on electric - including me, I don't have one as I cant see one that will cart the dog and do my long journeys as well as my RS4 for similar outlay, I can see lots that would do as a station and supermarket car but compared to my 27k mile, 6 year old Mini, they aren't cost effective. However, I am much more prepared to listen to those that have had one and lived with it than the naysayers who probably would still be arguing the world was flat if we went back a few centuries....
pmg

Post by pmg »

I cannot see too many of the electric fan boys reporting on last night's Fifth Gear Recharge test of Merc and VW ev transit fan competitors. Available on catch up
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

pmg wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:20 pm I cannot see too many of the electric fan boys reporting on last night's Fifth Gear Recharge test of Merc and VW ev transit fan competitors. Available on catch up
I watched that, I think you have to put a fleet managers hat on to judge vans and not a petrolheads viewpoint. London is full of Merc, VW, Nissan and other electric vans - despite the range, despite the performance (as if that matters in London), despite the purchase cost. There is a reason for that and its because fleet managers will be looking at cost above all else....

and of course that includes downtime whilst charging - but most London vans probably dont do 50 miles a day.....
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Miopyk wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:12 pm I've noticed there are 3 "Electric" threads running now so he's probably too busy finding facts to post on those ;)
Facts are what these threads need to be of any use to anyone. So that's my role in them :D
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

This duel can easily be resolved with Handbags at Noon

👀 🍿 🥤
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Pivot wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:41 am This duel can easily be resolved with Handbags at Noon

👀 🍿 🥤
LOL :lol: I'll have to see if my wife will lend me one of her bigger ones.

To be fair Peterski probably has a lot of useful knowledge on electric vehicles that some members on here would find useful. However as others have already said his approach is quite abrasive and he lacks the mental capacity to accept that others are entitled to their own views and opinions on this subject.

I'm not even sure why he posts on here as he's never owned a Macan so has limited knowledge and experience to be able to offer any serious comparative insight and as far as I can tell only posts on threads about electric vehicles solely with the intention of promoting his own strong opinions and views on his Tesla ownership experience whilst posting endless drivel to counter any views or opinions that he doesn't agree with.

Frankly, he's a closet Premium ICE hater on a one man crusade to either antagonise, insult or bore our generally friendly Macan community to a point where I think a lot of people don't bother posting on this subject because they know he'll keep popping up to correct them. But I also suspect he also secretly wishes he had bought a bright Carmine Red Macan GTS instead of his silly Tesla so he could feel that he was a proper member with a proper car ;)

He'll probably be along shortly with more endless drivel to tell me why I'm wrong. Again :roll:
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25