Who will be the first in 2022?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

TheTraveller wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:11 pm
Dannyp wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:52 am
resjud wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:48 pm

If I remember rightly, will this be the UK’s first walnut trimmed Gen III?!
I don't know whether it will be the first (or indeed the only one ever) - but I am looking forward to it! :D

I was told 7-10 days before it gets to the OPC - but with Xmas - who knows??? :D
If your including all Macan’s, just to say, mine is walnut trimmed. But it’s an old bus, a late 2016 model that I specked myself. Dare to be different.
Yes absolutely :-)
Of course I'm of an age that wouldn't see walnut on a dash as "different" :-)
I'm not about to start wearing ripped jeans and I'm not about to cover my car in black plastic!
- but each to his own - I'd have accepted the brushed black aluminium dash otherwise - but it isn't available on the S.

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Papeto wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:03 pm Hopefully collecting mine on 31 December in Sydney, which could make it technically the 1 st in the UK;)
We're nine hours behind Sydney so if you pick it up first thing it could still be 30th here, Whatever time it is, enjoy your new car.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

On-Track wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:58 am
Papeto wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:03 pm Hopefully collecting mine on 31 December in Sydney, which could make it technically the 1 st in the UK;)
We're nine hours behind Sydney so if you pick it up first thing it could still be 30th here, Whatever time it is, enjoy your new car.
I know Porsches are fast but warp speed is surely beyond them :-)
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Dannyp wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:34 am
TheTraveller wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:11 pm
Dannyp wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:52 am

I don't know whether it will be the first (or indeed the only one ever) - but I am looking forward to it! :D

I was told 7-10 days before it gets to the OPC - but with Xmas - who knows??? :D
If your including all Macan’s, just to say, mine is walnut trimmed. But it’s an old bus, a late 2016 model that I specked myself. Dare to be different.
Yes absolutely :-)
Of course I'm of an age that wouldn't see walnut on a dash as "different" :-)
I'm not about to start wearing ripped jeans and I'm not about to cover my car in black plastic!
- but each to his own - I'd have accepted the brushed black aluminium dash otherwise - but it isn't available on the S.
I'm probably at a similar age too.
I think of Macans as executive cars, more so than sports cars. And walnut is associated with exec' cars.
I was at the Bentley factory in Crewe for the day, when the Bentayga was being built and launched (not to buy may I add). And to see the amount of different veneers, from all over the world they stock, is unbelievable. On the TV a few months ago, there was a programme about Bentleys, and they trimmed a whole dash and door cappings area, in veneer encrusted with a vast amount of diamonds, that mirrored the constellations in the sky. A sight to behold. If money was no object. :roll:
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Out of curiosity how many buyers have actually specced Walnut? I have...
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

We are thinking of it if we order a new Macan along with Gentian Blue and Black leather.
I think it provides a bit of colour to the interior
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:21 pm Out of curiosity how many buyers have actually specced Walnut? I have...
I did.
The sales exec didn't seem too convinced until he actually took a sample from the drawer - and then checked it out on the configurator with the pebble leather. He was 100% for it once he had really looked at it. :-)
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

Had an email this morning to let me know that my car is at the "preparation centre" in Sheerness!
Should be at my dealer in 7-10 days :-). It was "on the boat on the 23rd - so maybe they've had it a couple of days already?

- but what happens at the "preparation centre" ????
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

I was supposed to be picking mine up this week, but it's been sitting in Germany now for over a month waiting for a headlight module to be fitted :-( I still having my fingers crossed for a January collection!
- Macan Volcano Grey / Bordeaux Red Interior
- First time Porsche Owner
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Dannyp wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:14 am Had an email this morning to let me know that my car is at the "preparation centre" in Sheerness!
Should be at my dealer in 7-10 days :-). It was "on the boat on the 23rd - so maybe they've had it a couple of days already?

- but what happens at the "preparation centre" ????
Repairing all the dings and scratches it’s picked up during transport! :lol:

But seriously, as far as I know it only has to clear Customs. That can sometimes cause a delay but I’d have thought 7 to 10 days should be at the pessimistic end of estimates.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA