Can't find ALL Vehicle settings in PCM

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

This is all I get in the main screen under Vehicle->Settings ... where can I set Individual mode for Sports Chrono and assign the 'Diamond' button etc?

IMG_2714.JPG

2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose

PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

Use the steering wheel control function (right hand side roller and buttons) and choose from the menu sport chrono (the one with the stopwatch) and then press the roller button to access the submenu and you'll see the individual setting.

For the diamond button use the same controls to access the car settings and you'll see it there. I use it for the 360 camera, comes in handy when you're going to the drive thrus, some of the lanes are tight! :lol:
pmg

Post by pmg »

PMS888 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:41 am Use the steering wheel control function (right hand side roller and buttons) and choose from the menu sport chrono (the one with the stopwatch) and then press the roller button to access the submenu and you'll see the individual setting.

For the diamond button use the same controls to access the car settings and you'll see it there. I use it for the 360 camera, comes in handy when you're going to the drive thrus, some of the lanes are tight! :lol:
As PMS888 implies above some settings are set via the MFD "Multi Function Display" and steering wheel buttons rather than the central screen.

I have actually decided not to show the sports chrome screen in the MFD as I do not use the information on it and it is one less screen to scroll through. I could still set "individual" from the settings screen behind the engine temps/ settings screen
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Thanks both - thought I was going nuts, maybe I should read the manual properly this time :D ... I was hoping you could switch off the piped engine sound in the cabin but it doesn't allow that level of granularity with Individual mode (but still have the 'sportiest' driving settings).
Last edited by mueslibrown on Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

mueslibrown wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:09 pm I was hoping you could switch off the piped engine sound in the cabin
I didn't think the Macan had fake engine noise? 99% sure mine hasn't, or have I turned it off without knowing? I'm intrigued to find out when I get home now.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Well according to the manual, Sports and Sports plus mode says ‘Optimised engine sound in passenger cabin’ activated … or does that mean something else?
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

mueslibrown wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:53 pm Well according to the manual, Sports and Sports plus mode says ‘Optimised engine sound in passenger cabin’ activated … or does that mean something else?
If you specced the Porsche exhaust system then when changing from sports to sports+ opens the valves for full 4 exhaust pipes loudness!