Bonnet alignment

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Beaverman wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:23 am
mueslibrown wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:59 am We just need someone to point a thermal imaging camera - seems the passenger side (RHD) comes off the worst based on examples so far ...
OPC did that to mine and said all was ok on that front.
Did they show you the images ;)
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose

GTB

Post by GTB »

mueslibrown wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:38 am
Beaverman wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:23 am
mueslibrown wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:59 am We just need someone to point a thermal imaging camera - seems the passenger side (RHD) comes off the worst based on examples so far ...
OPC did that to mine and said all was ok on that front.
Did they show you the images ;)

Perhaps not if there was more "heat" eminating from the irate customer and thus a false reading!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Maybe a count of who has had issues and which side and who hasn't might be interesting for comparison??

Like the paint graph?????
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:07 am Maybe a count of who has had issues and which side and who hasn't might be interesting for comparison??

I need to test mine now without PPF on the bonnet first but at the moment mine is passenger side only. Drivers side doesn’t move at all. The loaner they gave me didn’t bulge out one bit!
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Beaverman wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:34 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:07 am Maybe a count of who has had issues and which side and who hasn't might be interesting for comparison??

I need to test mine now without PPF on the bonnet first but at the moment mine is passenger side only. Drivers side doesn’t move at all. The loaner they gave me didn’t bulge out one bit!
Blaming it on PPF seems like straw clutching - when I took mine in on Saturday, my SE said that’s not right straight away as he was walking over to the car on the passenger side. I then said the drivers side looks ok - he popped round and said that’s not right either and you shouldn’t expect this on a new car. So let’s see what happens in Jan when they try adjust.

I have not completed my customer satisfaction survey and won’t be until this is sorted.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

mueslibrown wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:46 pm
Beaverman wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Blaming it on PPF seems like straw clutching - when I took mine in on Saturday, my SE said that’s not right straight away as he was walking over to the car on the passenger side. I then said the drivers side looks ok - he popped round and said that’s not right either and you shouldn’t expect this on a new car. So let’s see what happens in Jan when they try adjust.

I have not completed my customer satisfaction survey and won’t be until this is sorted.
Yes I think you are correct, blaming the PPF seems unlikely to me. But to be fair they said they can’t investigate further until the PPF is removed which needs to be step 1. Is the PPF preventing the car emitting heat which in turn causes the bonnet to move differently to what it would do otherwise.
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Anyone any update on this issue?
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Wow, this is a very interesting thread. Having got my very first Porsche on order (S model), this has shocked me, especially after watching the production line video. It would be very interesting to understand how many owners on here have experienced this. The one thing I am expecting is top class build quality. This is the sort of thing that Teslas seem to suffer from, not Porsche.

Are all the examples here Gen 3s?
Macan S MY 2023
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Skyway wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:34 pm Wow, this is a very interesting thread. Having got my very first Porsche on order (S model), this has shocked me, especially after watching the production line video. It would be very interesting to understand how many owners on here have experienced this. The one thing I am expecting is top class build quality. This is the sort of thing that Teslas seem to suffer from, not Porsche.

Are all the examples here Gen 3s?
No, the bonnet on my Gen 2 needed realignment last year.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

A search in Google took me to a US Macan forum where shockingly there were also a number of owners with this issue. Common theme is that in the US the offending side is the drivers side which tied up with the pics here. Seems in the US this first appeared in 2018 after the fine adjustment mechanism was removed from the car. Surely Porsche are aware of this by now?
Macan S MY 2023