Porsche/ Vodapone Connect car connect app changes coming?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

I was looking at the summary of US Renelist forum postings when I found an item saying email received as in the link below

https://a2g0b3.emailsp.com/f/rnl.aspx/? ... e=suu1NCLM

That seems to be suggesting they are about to finally at last remove the confusion caused by two separate apps. If true, whether that will involve any loss or gain in function remains to be seen.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Good find. This looks promising and, as you say, long overdue to remove confusion and improve functionality. Let's hope it delivers!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Loaded the new "My Porsche" App successfully from Play Store and it works! Shows registration plate number, but cut it off for the screen shot below

20211218_120628.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

New "My Porsche" app is also available in the Andriod/Google play store. I have installed and managed to log on and shows my car etc. Now trying to work out whether all the services split between the two previous apps are still there. Does seem to show the current location of car, locked status, service due info and the remaining range. However, I cannot find tyre pressures yet.

I have just used it to send the destination of a supermarket I am about to go to within the next two hours to my vehicle. I will report back mid-afternoon whether the destination message arrived at the vehicle.

Under the function section of the new app, it said the PCM connectivity from the app was deactivated. it said this was because I still had the Connect app available on my phone and I should deinstall that app. Once I did that the deactivated message did disappear on the new "My Porsche" App.
Last edited by pmg on Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Sorry to intrude but has anyone that has taken delivery of a new Macan Gen 3 been provided with details of the included roadside recovery (AA ?) . All I have obtained from my SE is a telephone number - I have chased him to no avail. It would be nice to get full details of the cover.
pmg

Post by pmg »

tonyp wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:13 pm Sorry to intrude but has anyone that has taken delivery of a new Macan Gen 3 been provided with details of the included roadside recovery (AA ?) . All I have obtained from my SE is a telephone number - I have chased him to no avail. It would be nice to get full details of the cover.
When I bought my Macan, the "pack" for Porsche assist including booklet and card turned up in the post about 3 weeks after I picked the car up, but was told at pick up all I needed to use it is the number.

I did find a copy of the booklet on the internet https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/P ... ooklet.pdf
pmg

Post by pmg »

pmg wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:17 pm New "My Porsche" app is also available in the Andriod/Google play store. I have installed and managed to log on and shows my car etc. Now trying to work out whether all the services split between the two previous apps are still there. Does seem to show the current location of car, locked status, service due info and the remaining range. However, I cannot find tyre pressures yet.

I have just used it to send the destination of a supermarket I am about to go to within the next two hours to my vehicle. I will report back mid-afternoon whether the destination message arrived at the vehicle.

Under the function section of the new app, it said the PCM connectivity from the app was deactivated. it said this was because I still had the Connect app available on my phone and I should deinstall that app. Once I did that the deactivated message did disappear on the new "My Porsche" App.
My sending destination test failed but that might have something to do with not having uninstalled the old Connect app at the time I tried to send destination from "My Porsche" app. I will try again in a few days time. the last time I used the facility in the Connect app about a month ago it did work
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Having upgraded to the new app and had a play I expect it will work as it's exactly the same as how I've updated destinations over the last ten days only via Porsche.com. It's workable but I still miss the destination "list" that used to be there under Navigation+. That's progress!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

Can't find the option to flash the headlight from the new app. But that exists in the Porsche car connect app. Also can't see tyre pressure.
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
1995 993 C2 Midnight Blue
2015 Macan S Agate Grey - SOLD
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I didn't renew that element just the "Navigation and Infotainment" so not surprised that I didn't see them. However, what's more of a pain is that the destination favourites I added yesterday have appeared in duplicate in the car, in addition to the ones that were already there and the "Delete" on the PCM doesn't shift them. Furthermore there's no delete option in tge App, you can remove the favouite * but not the saved destination. I've done that and will check again shortly what shows in the car.
Maybe the app hasn't been announced to us as it's not yet a finished product, are test versions allowed in the app stores?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP