After Market Warranty

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

Hi all,

I’m heading down to have a look and drive of a 2017 Macan DS tomorrow and although it id covered by a 3 month warranty, i was wondering if anyone can recommend a policy that give me peice of mind for longer, say like 3 years.

I had a similar policy on my last car which i took out from the delaership whop sadly no longer exist.

Also a decent Tyre and Alloy Insurance of anyone know’s of a decent one.

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Mines covered for 3 months by warrantywise, i have a quote for 2 years covered and to be honest its not much cheaper than the Porsche warranty. Probably doesnt have quite the same level of cover either. One advantage with WW is you dont have the hassle of a pre warranty inspection , and the need for a Porsche battery, Porsche wiper blades, Porsche approved tyres etc etc etc to qualify
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I have used "Premia Solutions" via Audi for tyre and alloy insurance. They have been good. No problems getting 3 wheels repaired.
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I took out the extended Porsche Warranty on my Macan GTS for 3 years earlier this year and it cost £2400 including European breakdown. I know its expensive but I want complete piece of mind and I think that's the closest you can get to that.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

Thanks everyone, but just to be clear i’m noit buying from a Porsche Dealership. The car comes with 3 months so will take a look at the policy once i get my hands on it, could just be worth extending.

I do need the Alloy and Tyre one though, my wife has a love affair with kurbs.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

You can still get a Porsche warranty on the car so long as it passes the 111 point inspection.

I did look around at companies and thought the Porsche one was similar price wise to other reputable insurers. Just renewed this morning, £1440 for 2 years (3 is £2160, no saving pa)

I have separate breakdown insurance with the RAC
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

I do need the Alloy and Tyre one though, my wife has a love affair with kurbs.
[/quote]

At least I am not the only one :lol: :lol:
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

Madelvic wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:04 pm You can still get a Porsche warranty on the car so long as it passes the 111 point inspection.

I did look around at companies and thought the Porsche one was similar price wise to other reputable insurers. Just renewed this morning, £1440 for 2 years (3 is £2160, no saving pa)

Sent you a PM mate, re: wireless carplay
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

Madelvic wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:04 pm You can still get a Porsche warranty on the car so long as it passes the 111 point inspection.

Well i finally got the car i was after and it did come with a 3 month warranty with WarrantyWise, apparently they are one of the better companies. I have the Platinum cover which entitles me to claim £150 an hour for labour up to a max of £5000 so not bad. Really.

I just spoke with WarrantyWise about extending the original 3 months to either 2 or 3 years and they want £1,620 or £2,530 respectively so a few hundred more than what Porsche are charging you mate. I’ll be calling porsche later to get a quote.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Congrats on the SD, Derek! :)

Pics?

We do love pics on this forum! ;)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018