Post by Derek C »

Not very good pictures but will get more when time allows

4FBE14EA-5DBE-4BAB-B975-ED2DD952ED09.jpeg

AF8CC64A-8A15-4B67-B85B-DB728E0A5653.jpeg

AE408A7F-12A3-408F-8590-6ED4F0FFD050.jpeg

2B9D39CB-8309-4888-8F84-C3208C5B1881.jpeg

Derek C

Post by Derek C »

Couple of questions i need info on if possible guys?

1. The SatNav, how the hell doe it work? The car was advertised with Nav, the buttons are on the PCM and even the Nav disc, but after trying to load the disc it says “error” then after a few seconds the disc menu appears, however i’m not able to navigate through the menu or get the disc to load.

2. The PCM is supoposed to have Sound System Plus? How can i tell if i have this? It seems pretty basic to me but as this is my first Porsche i don’t really know what i’m looking for.

The Nav is a big deal breaker for me as this is is one of the main things i look for when speccing a car. I can retunr the Macan up to 14 days after purchase and if the Nav can’t be sorted then it may well go back to the dealership for a refund.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Pressing the Map button should bring up the map and current location on the screen. The Nav button takes you to the screen where you have options to enter and search for destinations, which will then load into the Map and give the option to start the route guidance. Do you know if the car has Connect or Connect Plus? If it hasn’t it will have the original mapping software probably.

I don’t know what Sound System Plus is. Where did you get this info from?

Looks like you didn’t get the car from a Porsche dealership (OPC). Either way, if there are faults the dealership you bought from should sort them out. If they’re not helpful you may get help from a local OPC and it would be a good idea to establish a relationship with them for the future if you do keep the car.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Wing Commander wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:43 pm
Welcome to our friendly forum, Derek! :)
That didn't age well.
Only joking-minor blip yesterday
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi Derek and welcome to the forum.

My SD was MY16 (Model Year 2016) and Sat Nav came as part of Porsche Communications Management which was a £2k optional extra. I've included below the description from the March 2015 brochure

Porsche Communication Management (PCM).
PCM is your central information and communication system. It is powerful and multifunctional, yet easy to operate. The focal point is the 7-inch colour touchscreen. In addition to the standard
DAB digital radio, the analogue radio features 42 memory presets and an FM twin tuner. The universal audio interface allows you to save up to 5,000 MP3 files on the 40 GB internal hard drive of PCM for direct playback. Also available as an option is a TV tuner for receiving free-toair television broadcasts. The CD/DVD drive supports the following formats: CDs, MP3 files and audio DVDs.
Integrated in PCM, the optional CD/DVD autochanger holds up to six CDs or DVDs.
The navigation module with high-speed hard drive displays maps in 2D or from a driving perspective. Even 3D rendering is available in some regions. The route guidance calculation takes into
consideration official traffic messages (TMC) and data from traffic flow sensors (TMC Pro)1). In addition, speed limits stored in the navigation database are displayed in PCM and on the TFT screen
of the instrument cluster. In conjunction with optional online services, it is possible to find online destinations and conveniently transfer them to the navigation system.
Standard in the Macan Turbo. Optional for all other Macan models.

As you can see, there is no mention of a disc. I'd suggest you take the VIN to a Porsche dealer (OPC) and ask them to print off the options fitted to your car.

Over 5 years, my SD covered 43k miles and was still on the original pads and discs when I traded it in. Unlike others, I ran the car on Sainsbury's diesel and never had an engine issue. The overall MPG was 35.

I had problems with the AdBlue system like two other forum members and had to replace the pump (not a cheap item) and I think I'm the only forum member to have experienced a broken spring (that's on the car before some sharp eyed wit jumps in).

If you keep the car, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

hood69 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:08 am
Wing Commander wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:43 pm
Welcome to our friendly forum, Derek! :)
That didn't age well.
Only joking-minor blip yesterday
After over 6 years of being on here, and goodness knows how many hours :lol: I still contend that this is overwhelmingly a friendly & helpful forum, as illustrated by the replies in this thread. :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Derek C wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:02 am Not very good pictures but will get more when time allows
Very nice (I do love a nice black) and the RS Spyders are fantastic. Hope you enjoy many miles motoring with it.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Macan came out in 2014 as what we can call Gen 1A, a lot of things were extras but became standard in the 2015 minor update to Gen 1B.

The centre screen and operating system was the prime change to Gen 1B where Sat Nav became standard.

If you download the Good To Know app and select the correct file you will have the correct Manual for the car, that will explain all the features and functions.

Alas I cannot remember the level of detail you require as my Gen 1A SD was quite a few years ago now.

Sat Nav is stored internally unlike Audi where it is on an SD card, your OPC should be able to sort out Sat Nav issues and if you need an extension of the return period do seek that in writing.

Also internally there is a 30Gb storage disc for music and this rather strangely was reduced in size in Gen 1B Macans. The sound plus system I am unsure about but I can remember the Bose system had such a feature but it needed turning on in the extensive menu system and adjustments made to it to give the surround sound system operation. Without these changes the early Bose system is pretty bland.

Good luck
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Derek C wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:29 pm Hi everyone, as the title suggests i’m brand new to this forum, so new in fact that i haven’t even picked up my Macan yet. Unfortunately i won’t get my hands on it till Thursday this week. Not a new one, it’s a 2015 plate 3.0 Diesel S in Black, with black leather interior, low miles and full service history so i’m quite excited to get my hands on it.
This is my first Porsche as well so i know absolutely nothing about them so feel free to educate me and keep me on the straight and narrow.
Was that Porsche full service history? Reason for the question is that I notice you have at least one budget tyre fitted and an OPC will not sell a car that does not have Porsche Approved tyres fitted. These have an 'N' rating (N0, N1, N2,) marked on the sidewall. The Michelin Latitudes you have on the car should have that marking. Obviously Porsche recommend that only N rated tyres are fitted and also say that the same make and type should be fitted all round. That's 'gold standard' of course and not fitting N rated tyres or same all round doesn't make the car unsafe but for peace of mind, and for warranty reasons sometimes or to avoid insurance companies trying to wriggle out of claims, many Porsche owners stick to recommended tyres.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Isn't it a legal requirement to have the same make of tyre on the same axle? Looking on line, some sites (eg F1 Autocentres) say it is but I can't find any official answer.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel