Another EV Order.... Is it the second?

All Porsche Macan Electric Related Discussion
Major Jasper

Post by Major Jasper »

Hi All,

Snuck a first post in amongst the first EV order thread - was suggested started my own thread, so here goes!

Am another newbie and have just taken the plunge with an order placed this week, delivery who knows! Am due for my current EV replacement in March 25. Configuration is as follows:

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PRG87FX6

Will be new to Porsche as will be replacing my current EV (BMW i4 M50) as mentioned above - it is via my work SS scheme, in which am very fortunate that Porsche have been added onto! The only commonality will be that ordered the i4 without being able to see/test and had one of the first in the UK.

Lots of research on options which was a minefield - prefer darker interiors and the only yes/no was the pano roof - came down to I have one at the moment and just do not really use at all. Main observation was really did not like the standard wheels! As via SS think order will be locked in and not subject to amend.

Looking forward to joining in moving forwards and learning!

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Those Wheels look a nightmare to clean.

If I was buying another Macan I would include Acoustic, Insulated and Privacy glass.

After having Surround Cam for eight years I would not want any car not to have it.

Hope you like a dark interior, that is what you will have.

Gentian is a great colour.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D

i4 M50 is a nice looking machine too.
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

You'll 100% want surround view. It should come as standard, but Porsche gonna Porsche.

I like dark interiors!
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:21 pm Those Wheels look a nightmare to clean.

If I was buying another Macan I would include Acoustic, Insulated and Privacy glass.

After having Surround Cam for eight years I would not want any car not to have it.

Those wheels are solid in parts and are not like traditional Spyder designs so should be straight forward to clean. πŸ‘
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Jon A wrote: ↑Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:56 pm
Col Lamb wrote: ↑Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:21 pm Those Wheels look a nightmare to clean.

Those wheels are solid in parts and are not like traditional Spyder designs so should be straight forward to clean. πŸ‘
The outer surface yes, getting to clean the inner rim and calliper, not so easy
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:18 am
Jon A wrote: ↑Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:56 pm

The outer surface yes, getting to clean the inner rim and calliper, not so easy
It’s a company car - the inner wheels won’t need cleaning πŸ™„
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
skipjack

Post by skipjack »

Lovely spec.

I would definitely add air suspension..

Pricey but the ride could be iffy without?

I've ordered one too and am also moving from an i4.
crockers

Post by crockers »

Ok. Shoot me down.

As a company car - paid for by someone else - nice choice.

But for a private purchase why part with Β£90k when there are great deals out there on Taycans with very very low mileage. Leaving Β£20 - Β£30k in the bank.
pmg

Post by pmg »

crockers wrote: ↑Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:33 am Ok. Shoot me down.

As a company car - paid for by someone else - nice choice.

But for a private purchase why part with Β£90k when there are great deals out there on Taycans with very very low mileage. Leaving Β£20 - Β£30k in the bank.
The deals are for Mark 1 Taycans whose limited range would make them unsuable for many. For thiose the extra cost of a New Macan EV is worthwhile.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8