PCP Finance/Depreciation

All Porsche Macan Electric Related Discussion
andreas

Post by andreas »

Jon A wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:38 pm
Not quite true Andreas. Harry Metcalf (Harry’s garage) looked at this and as nobody publishes degradation he took some data published by a company doing tests on three year old cars in Norway I think. It clearly showed that degradation was as high as 40% in some models although Tesla were favoured with around 10%.
It was all about how often cars get fast charged in their lifetime but he is pushing for average degradation to be published as a key metric along with range etc.
So much depends on how often the battery has been fast-charged, and the extent of that charging. For EVs being charged at home overnight, the battery will last almost for ever. For EVs regularly being fast-charged at high-power chargers, the degradation will be higher, but not necessarily dire.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Stand back and use the grey cells to see some fundamental issues.

Each manufacturer who is not in partnership with another is doing their own thing.

Battery packs are pretty well unique to manufacturers.

There is no reliable data on the lifetime performance of a battery pack, with the exception of Tesla who do not seem to want to publish said data.

Removing a battery pack is a major exercise with the exception of Tesla where a battery pack can be removed from an S in 12 minutes.

There is no reliable lifetime environmental impact of EV’s v ICE, what there is seems biased.

Refurbishment and recycling does not seem to be of interest.

Why does the average :geek: family need a whopping two tonne+ tank to shuttle the kids around, (size and weight mean more environmental impact).

How often do members here take a journey round or one way trip in excess of 250 miles
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pet0r

Post by Pet0r »

Looks like Porsche published their numbers (and it confirms my screenshot). For the Turbo it's even worse:

PCP (36 months)
RRP: £95,055
GFV: £45,877 (48%)

£1,349/m with ~£21k down and no options

https://www.porsche.com/uk/models/macan ... s/finance/
andreas

Post by andreas »

Pet0r wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:53 am Looks like Porsche published their numbers (and it confirms my screenshot). For the Turbo it's even worse:

PCP (36 months)

And I'd imagine the GFV will be less than 48% when options are added.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:05 pm
There is no reliable data on the lifetime performance of a battery pack, with the exception of Tesla who do not seem to want to publish said data.
Battery life depends on the way in which it's charged, so Tesla can't definitely state anything. However, lots of actual Tesla owners have indicated that, from their experience, battery life is considerable - over 300,000 miles.
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

andreas wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:04 am
Pet0r wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:53 am Looks like Porsche published their numbers (and it confirms my screenshot). For the Turbo it's even worse:

PCP (36 months)

And I'd imagine the GFV will be less than 48% when options are added.
Utter madness those sorts of costs!
andreas

Post by andreas »

HertsMacan wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:45 pm
Premium cars attract premium costs.
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

andreas wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:50 pm
HertsMacan wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:45 pm
Premium cars attract premium costs.
I personally don't consider the EV Macan to be worth that sort of premium cost. Each to their own of course.
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

£68,078 thrown down the drain for three year's in a Turbo. And then you hand the car back. Oh dear. Are there really people who are happy enough to throw away £70k for three years in a Turbo? I've had six years in a GTS, which has ultimately cost me a few thousand pounds., (One car sold slightly under what i paid, another sold for much more, and the current one - TBC.)
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Pet0r

Post by Pet0r »

PaulR wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:04 pm
£68,078 thrown down the drain for three year's in a Turbo. And then you hand the car back. Oh dear. Are there really people who are happy enough to throw away £70k for three years in a Turbo? I've had six years in a GTS, which has ultimately cost me a few thousand pounds., (One car sold slightly under what i paid, another sold for much more, and the current one - TBC.)
Yep it's really not great - I wanted this car to work out but at this combination of pricing, interest rate, and level of depreciation I don't think it does for me. Leasing quotes right now are about half the amount down and a similar monthly cost - saves you about £9,000 from those numbers but still. I'll probably just buy another BMW when my current agreement expires at this rate.