Gtechniq crystal lacquer platinum due

Cleaning and detailing your Macan.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Well as my wrists are now giving me pain due to osteo arthritis, I have decided that doing the detailing of my car is now beyond me. Therefore, I've booked it in for the Gtechniq ceramic coating. Not sure yet whether to have the Evov4 applied but will discuss it with Cheshire Car Care when it goes in in early October. I will have a DAS 6 DA for sale too which I'll stick in the ads section shortly if anyone is keen to have a go themselves.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.

Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:06 pm Well as my wrists are now giving me pain due to osteo arthritis, I have decided that doing the detailing of my car is now beyond me. Therefore, I've booked it in for the Gtechniq ceramic coating. Not sure yet whether to have the Evov4 applied but will discuss it with Cheshire Car Care when it goes in in early October. I will have a DAS 6 DA for sale too which I'll stick in the ads section shortly if anyone is keen to have a go themselves.
If your willing to travel a bit further give APM custom in Quensferry a call, as I found them quite a bit cheaper than CCC. I’ve had GTechniq CS Light, Exo V4 and and all the external plastic, alloys and all the interior treated and it cost me £810.

I can highly recommend the Exo hydrophobic coating as it keeps the paintwork cleaner and makes it a doddle to wash.
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Yes I have used APM before to wrap the roof of a Range Rover sport I had, but it is a trek for me and their courtesy car was a Abarth 500 manual which gave me a headache and hip ache. CCC closer and have a good reputation. I 'm getting the Ceramic coating for £695 and I think the Evo was about £110. I'm not having the inside done as I can still do that myself.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
SNSporsche

Post by SNSporsche »

Hello,
Any feedback on Cheshire Car Care? I need to book my new S in for a Gtechniq coating but have never done this outside dealership before for my previous cars (which was generally complimentary or little cost).

Any particular package recommended? Was thinking "GTECHNIQ C1 Crystal Lacquer (GTECHNIQ Platinum) Ceramic Paint Protection Detail".
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

SNSporsche wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:17 am Hello,
Any feedback on Cheshire Car Care? I need to book my new S in for a Gtechniq coating but have never done this outside dealership before for my previous cars (which was generally complimentary or little cost).

Any particular package recommended? Was thinking "GTECHNIQ C1 Crystal Lacquer (GTECHNIQ Platinum) Ceramic Paint Protection Detail".
Interested to hear any feedback myself as I’m in the Cheshire area and thinking of having this done when mine arrives. Where is he based out of interest?
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I’d be interested if anyone has any recommendations for detailers south of London - also looking to do this to my new Macan S.
Raven Flyer

Post by Raven Flyer »

I watched a load of videos and did it myself on my R8. The results were amazing.

Picked up the Macan on Saturday and that's now in my sights for a ceramic job. It's not difficult to get a perfect job, but will take a long day to do the Macan.
Macan S 2020
R8 V10 Spyder 2013
A6 BiTDi 2016
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 am

Interested to hear any feedback myself as I’m in the Cheshire area and thinking of having this done when mine arrives. Where is he based out of interest?
You both have private messages. Any other questions, send one to me.
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 am
Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 am

You both have private messages. Any other questions, send one to me.
Replied. :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Do have the Exo top coat applied.

It does do a good job at making it easy to clean.

I to have OA and can manage well at keeping it looking great even though mine is Met Black

Do buy the after care Gtechniq products and read the Washing and Detailing thread that I started eons ago.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags