Tyre and wheel insurance

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
pmg

Post by pmg »

I also In general self insure most of the risks I bear where legislation allows. I would never buy tyre or wheel ins. Until this year, the only non compulsory insurances I have bought are house, content and travel. My emplorer does provide me with private medical cover in my retirement. I was an Actuary and that profession runs the financial side of insurance setting reserves and premiums.
Bearing in mind my S Macan has air and several other extras and the Porsche warranty premiums are just based on Model and with no convenient independent I intend remaining with my OPC I did think the warranty extension premium was worth the cost for the potential bills avoided.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

hood69

Post by hood69 »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:06 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:38 pm

...... never been a fan of insurance in any form the margins are too fat in my experience.
When you look at what they charge I would imagine the OPC keeps 25% of the cost as their commission and Porsche GB keep another 25% and pay the underwriters the balance. So if you put £750 in the tea caddy every year after 4 years you will have enough to put down a new deposit.
The £750 is for 3 years cover