Think its New tyres time!

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Macan is booked in for its 6 year service& MOT this week.

Whilst parked on the drive i noted the front tyres look very close to the limit. It doesn't seem that long ago since i last changed them :shock:

However checking the history i had brand new tyres fitted 16k miles ago and had a GEO done by the OPC at the same time. Still seems like its not a great amount if miles for tyres.

I have good even wear and check the pressures regularly so happy with the uniform wear.

Its shod with Continental Sport Contacts.

Anyone else have these and have similar mileage on replacement???
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D

gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

44000 miles on a set of Michelins, so quite pleased was a bit left on the front one's but changed all four going into winter.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Tyre mileage is dependent on several factors, including type of roads generally used, load carried and typical driven speed. For example a steady 60 mph on predominently smooth tarmac motorways will give the best results. Agressive high speed driving on twisty A and B gravel chip roads with heavy braking plus lots of low speed lock to lock manouvering = worst tyre mileage results.

The brand of tyre will have some affect too.

On 19" on my Macan SD I got 18,000 miles using the OE Michelin Latitude Sport 3. Fronts wore slight faster than the rears. I do very little motorway miles, but I'm relatively gentle on the brakes and with minimal city centre use.

My GTS on 20" came OE with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV, so it will be interesting to see how they do.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Spud

Post by Spud »

GTS 3 year old, 28,000 on my Michelin Lattitude Sport, even wear across all four tyres, hopefully get another 5,000 miles out of them but am pleased to have got 28,000 so far
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Spud wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:25 pm GTS 3 year old, 28,000 on my Michelin Lattitude Sport, even wear across all four tyres, hopefully get another 5,000 miles out of them but am pleased to have got 28,000 so far
That’s impressive !’

Think it might be worth considering a change as I intend to have my wheels refurbed as long as the current tyres pass the MOT which I believe they will.

Do you think the Michelin is a good all year tyre?? The continentals have been fine. Have you priced different tyres up before & how do they compare?
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
Spud

Post by Spud »

r1flyguy wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:58 am
Spud wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:25 pm GTS 3 year old, 28,000 on my Michelin Lattitude Sport, even wear across all four tyres, hopefully get another 5,000 miles out of them but am pleased to have got 28,000 so far
That’s impressive !’

Think it might be worth considering a change as I intend to have my wheels refurbed as long as the current tyres pass the MOT which I believe they will.

Do you think the Michelin is a good all year tyre?? The continentals have been fine. Have you priced different tyres up before & how do they compare?
Personally I have found the Michelin to be a very good all round tyre, I priced up a full set at Kwik Fit and it worked out at around £800-00, there was an offer on at the time but the guy said to come back when ready and he will match the offer, my mileage is mainly around town and motorway so I’m not doing a lot of twisting and turning
GTS Delivered April 2018
pmg

Post by pmg »

Personally I have found the Michelin to be a very good all round tyre, I priced up a full set at Kwik Fit and it worked out at around £800-00, there was an offer on at the time but the guy said to come back when ready and he will match the offer, my mileage is mainly around town and motorway so I’m not doing a lot of twisting and turning
[/quote]

Latitude Tour HP or Latitude Sport 3 ? 2 Michelsins have N type approval for Macan, the first all-season second summer
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Spud

Post by Spud »

pmg wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:39 pm Personally I have found the Michelin to be a very good all round tyre, I priced up a full set at Kwik Fit and it worked out at around £800-00, there was an offer on at the time but the guy said to come back when ready and he will match the offer, my mileage is mainly around town and motorway so I’m not doing a lot of twisting and turning
Latitude Tour HP or Latitude Sport 3 ? 2 Michelsins have N type approval for Macan, the first all-season second summer
[/quote]

Michelin Lattitude Sport 3👍
GTS Delivered April 2018