New Tyre Time

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

I’ve only just taken delivery of my 2017 S (D) on saturday, drove it home from manchester area which is just over a 100 miles across the M62 and then the A1. Didn’t really notice too much on M62 but once on the A1 i experienced a bit more road noise. Now i know this is down to different road surfaces, but i dio find the P Zero’s to give a bit more road noise than my previous Macan which had a mix oif Michelkins and Dunlops.

I’ll be due new tyres probabky midway through next year so what is the general consensus on overall best tyre choice for the Macan?

Deleted User 4449

Post by Deleted User 4449 »

Derek C wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:40 am I’ve only just taken delivery of my 2017 S (D) on saturday, drove it home from manchester area which is just over a 100 miles across the M62 and then the A1. Didn’t really notice too much on M62 but once on the A1 i experienced a bit more road noise. Now i know this is down to different road surfaces, but i dio find the P Zero’s to give a bit more road noise than my previous Macan which had a mix oif Michelkins and Dunlops.

I’ll be due new tyres probabky midway through next year so what is the general consensus on overall best tyre choice for the Macan?
Oh that question will surely open a can of worms !!
Everyone will have good and bad reasons why you should fit one make over another usually Pirelli vs Michelin debate

Had the same with our RS3 running + 500bhp we had Pirelli’s and they didn’t miss a beat , disbelief from fellow forum members , did trackdays and VMax200

Had Michelin PS4S on other cars also excellent tyre

For me any No specific tyres will be good from them !!
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Derek C wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:40 am I’ve only just taken delivery of my 2017 S (D) on saturday, drove it home from manchester area which is just over a 100 miles across the M62 and then the A1. Didn’t really notice too much on M62 but once on the A1 i experienced a bit more road noise. Now i know this is down to different road surfaces, but i dio find the P Zero’s to give a bit more road noise than my previous Macan which had a mix oif Michelkins and Dunlops.

Recently asked here too:

www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 0&start=40
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

I think you could put any tyre on any car and the road noise would be awful on that part of the A1 North and Southbound. Driven that for 20 years in 15+ cars.
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

Partysausage wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:36 am

I think you could put any tyre on any car and the road noise would be awful on that part of the A1 North and Southbound. Driven that for 20 years in 15+ cars.
I fully agree mate, it’s crap in comparison to say the M62 but i did part of the same journey in my previous Macan with different tyres and it didn’t seem as noisy.

I’m just nit picking really as i don’t have any real issues since taking delivery of the newer model, i was more or less just curious what was the preferred tyre choice by the officianados on here as like i keep saying, i’m new to Porsche ownership.

I had the P Zero’s on both my previous cars without any issues at all, last one was an Evoque and before that an SQ5.