20” Spyder wheels

Wheels, Tyres, Suspension, Chassis, Issues and Fixes
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

What are the current options for 20” Spyder wheels for Macan S gen 2; OEM and/or after-market?

I see on the Porsche.co.uk site that one can get a summer set of 20” RS Spyders for Macan S gen 1, but for Macan S gen 2 there are 21” RS Spyders

I live in a rural area, so I am currently running on OEM 18”, which are serving me well in winter, however... for summer (some travels in a distant future) I would prefer 20” RS Spyders.

I have read few old threads, however, given different sizes listed by Porsche for gen1 and gen2, it would be good to verify the latest thinking on the subject.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Well, I visited my local Porsche Centre and the parts dept confirmed that the wheels are interchangeable between gen 1 and gen 2.

However, 20” RS Spyder are only available as a pack with winter tyres, while 21” RS are available only with summer tyres. The dealer was not able to supply rims only, nor could confirm if 20” will become available with summer tyres.

Hard to believe, but that is the answer I got first hand from the Porsche Centre.

I will be looking for a second hand set.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4