Daytime Running Lights Rear?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

On my Audi I coded ‘Scandanavian DRL’ setup for the rears. I’d imagine the same can be done on the Macan with a coding tool
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) is front only in the UK.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:53 pm
On-Track wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:44 pm

One of the bigger "problems" in recent years is drivers thinking because the DRLs are on they're OK. I don't know of any cars where the rear lights are on all the time. Happy to be proved wrong though.
Our Seat Leon certainly has rear as well as front DRLs.

Never looked at the Macan rear light bar in daylight when front DRLs are on. Will check tomorrow...
Checked. Only front DRLs on my Gen2 GTS.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
RoccMajor

Post by RoccMajor »

Thanks for checking!
Lage

Post by Lage »

Bjr

On my old Q5 I had the front and rear daytime running lights still on
On the macan there is a setting with the piwis so that they are always on as in the front
I haven't done them yet because I don't have piwis but at the next revision I'm going to ask in CC to do it

IMG_3447.jpeg

@+ Manu 😉
Lage

Post by Lage »

:geek:

coding successful, the rear lights are on daytime running lights and the license plate lighting does not come on

IMG_5825.jpeg

IMG_5823.jpeg

@+ Manu 😉
dlgis

Post by dlgis »

Slightly off topic, does anyone find the sensitivity of the auto lights too high. I find dipped headlamps coming on too early and then going off too late, especially compared to my wife’s BMW which feels about right to me. Also the auto high beam seems slow to react to other cars and much slower than I would manually switch to dipped beam.
Are these things that can be adjusted?
Darryl
Macan GTS 2023
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

dlgis wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:34 pm Slightly off topic, does anyone find the sensitivity of the auto lights too high. I find dipped headlamps coming on too early and then going off too late, especially compared to my wife’s BMW which feels about right to me. Also the auto high beam seems slow to react to other cars and much slower than I would manually switch to dipped beam.
I didn't spec the + to get auto high beam because it seems widely agreed that its more trouble than it's worth and as for auto lights, I let them get on with it and don't fret about it. I occasionally think "wow, doesn't seem dark enough for them to come on" but frankly I reckon they'll measure the light level better than I do!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Neil1911 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:51 pm
dlgis wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:34 pm Slightly off topic, does anyone find the sensitivity of the auto lights too high. I find dipped headlamps coming on too early and then going off too late, especially compared to my wife’s BMW which feels about right to me. Also the auto high beam seems slow to react to other cars and much slower than I would manually switch to dipped beam.
I didn't spec the + to get auto high beam because it seems widely agreed that its more trouble than it's worth and as for auto lights, I let them get on with it and don't fret about it. I occasionally think "wow, doesn't seem dark enough for them to come on" but frankly I reckon they'll measure the light level better than I do!
I find them hopeless. Slow witted and continually dazzling other people - so have deactivated them
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Just skimmed through this topic from the start, its a classic example of spurious chatter and noise that drives me up the wall! The OP, a prospective Macan buyer asked a simple, reasonable, question then there were 8 posts with useless info about half a dozen other brands before Steve (⭐) actually answered it! SAC1 don't leave your one of the few contributors that keeps me coming back. ;)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP