Standard Interior/Sound System

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

BanZ wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:54 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:48 pm
BanZ wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:41 pm

This can be upgraded with the leather package without changing the 8 way seat if you don’t want to…. For about £1000
But then you might as well have spent a couple of hundred £ more on the 14 or 18 and get the leather and the memory and the electronic steering wheel adjustment etc. The seat options are about the best value upgrades Porsche offer by a mile.
Horses for courses, the leather or 14way seats are about the same price. Leather adds interior leather features whereas 14way seats don’t. Personal preference if budget is a concern. Personally I wouldn’t want the fabric seat centres either way but that’s me :)
I don't think having leather door trims and dash with fabric/leatherette seats as is a sensible choice tbh. As you said horses for courses. You certainly would end up with a pretty unique spec!!!!

gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

The standard sound system sounds great. We have BOSE in the Cayman and the standard system in the Macan and as the Macan is such a quiet cruiser, don’t feel like it needs any more
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
kirkir

Post by kirkir »

Found some photos of the standard interior here:

https://car.autohome.com.cn/photo/serie ... 17276.html
MattS

Post by MattS »

kirkir wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:59 am Found some photos of the standard interior here:

https://car.autohome.com.cn/photo/serie ... 17276.html
Link doesn’t work for me- any chance you could copy the photos in? Unless there’s tonnes!

Ignore- works on my laptop!
Last edited by MattS on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:33 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:48 pm

But then you might as well have spent a couple of hundred £ more on the 14 or 18 and get the leather and the memory and the electronic steering wheel adjustment etc. The seat options are about the best value upgrades Porsche offer by a mile.
Horses for courses, the leather or 14way seats are about the same price. Leather adds interior leather features whereas 14way seats don’t. Personal preference if budget is a concern. Personally I wouldn’t want the fabric seat centres either way but that’s me :)
I don't think having leather door trims and dash with fabric/leatherette seats as is a sensible choice tbh. As you said horses for courses. You certainly would end up with a pretty unique spec!!!!
You don’t get that, if you upgrade to leather your seat centres and bolsters are in leather.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I have had Bose in two Macans, whilst it is good it is not audiophile quality and does need some tweaking to get it right.

There have been at least two iterations of Bose kit fitted and I have had both with the second being much better,

Standard system has also changed over the years and the last one I listened to was adequate.

Goodness knows what either system will sound like in a Gen 3 and if there has been any changes to the installations.

Ask the SE if they know of any spec changes in either system
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4325

BanZ wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:11 am

You don’t get that, if you upgrade to leather your seat centres and bolsters are in leather.
My bad BanZ, I've ordered a GTS and all that is a standard no cost option for GTS.

but on an S that and and a leather dashboard is all you get fro £1094.

on an S I would still spec 14 way for £1044 which gives you:
- four-way lumbar support for driver and front passenger as well as electric adjustment of seat squab depth
- electric adjustment of the steering column
- seats in smooth-finish leather
- mirror courtesy lighting
- exterior mirrors with parking aid (kerb view parking aid)
- memory function for seat position settings of driver and front passenger, steering column and exterior mirror positions and settings for lights, wipers, air conditioning, door locking, instrument cluster and PCM. Can also be recalled using the additional memory buttons in the door

or £1263 for 18 way giving you:
- sporty seat design with distinctive seam pattern on the seat centres and with elevated side bolsters
- the rear bench seat is also designed with a sporty look (seam pattern, elevated side bolsters1))
- personalised electric adjustment and storage as available with the comfort memory package
- also includes electric adjustment of the bolsters on the seat squabs and backrests (front)

???
Deleted User 4325

That said I'd also order the leather dash as the plastic dash is a bit 'Audi'!!!! If you get my meaning!!!

:roll:
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

The standard interior quality is high and the 8-way seats are excellent. Having test driven several demonstartor Macans over extended periods, had day long service loan Macans and driving Macans at three PEC Silverstone days - I have had good experience of all the seat options and materials used. I chose 8-way for both of my cars. They are extremely comfortable, support and enjoyable on 200 mile + journeys.

Gen 2 GTS 8-way in black Alcantara

2020-06-01 (4).jpg

Gen 1 SD 8-way in Agate gey Alcantara

2017-05-02 (5).JPG

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:40 am
BanZ wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:11 am

My bad BanZ, I've ordered a GTS and all that is a standard no cost option for GTS.

but on an S that and and a leather dashboard is all you get fro £1094.

on an S I would still spec 14 way for £1044 which gives you:
- four-way lumbar support for driver and front passenger as well as electric adjustment of seat squab depth
- electric adjustment of the steering column
- mirror courtesy lighting
- exterior mirrors with parking aid (kerb view parking aid)
- memory function for seat position settings of driver and front passenger, steering column and exterior mirror positions and settings for lights, wipers, air conditioning, door locking, instrument cluster and PCM. Can also be recalled using the additional memory buttons in the door

or £1263 for 18 way giving you:
- sporty seat design with distinctive seam pattern on the seat centres and with elevated side bolsters
- the rear bench seat is also designed with a sporty look (seam pattern, elevated side bolsters1))
- personalised electric adjustment and storage as available with the comfort memory package
- also includes electric adjustment of the bolsters on the seat squabs and backrests (front)

???
In the interests of accuracy this is what the leather package gives you

“Leather finish on top side of dashboard, centre console storage compartment lid, seat centres, seat inner bolsters, front side of seat headrests, door panel armrests and door pulls in front and rear”

The seats are the same as the 14 way also, so additional comfort is from the ability to adjust your seat, particularly the lumbar support rather than it being a more comfortable seat.

If budget is a concern it’s a horses for courses decision imo.