Leaking Roof????

Interior and Exterior bodywork Issues and Fixes
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:36 am

I had the same issue. Notably it was during the cold snap and the windscreen was iced over on the inside 🤣

I had the complete pan roof cassette mechanism replaced under warranty and it’s been fine since, that was maybe 3 years ago.
Current - 2015 Macan SD
Current - 2014 991.1 TurboS
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D

mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:43 am

Personally love the pano roof - certainly lighter for me in the cabin and usually have it open as much as possible, even at night 😁. Don’t ever close the blind. But I’ve had three cabrios so maybe I’m biased.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose | BMC Filter

andreas

Post by andreas » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:49 pm

SAC1 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:53 am

I have never had a problem (to date!) with water leaks on either of my Macans. I did ask for the drains to be checked at the first service of the SD . But all good.

I live in a rural area with mucky lanes, but never park under trees. Invariably park up on level ground. Never garaged though. Not sure if any of this helps, but as I say, they've been waterproof over 4.5 yrs.
My car lives outside in a rural area too, and I've never had any water leaking into the interior. At the 2-year service, I was told that the pano drains were blocked, and could be cleared for around £300 - I declined. At the 4-year service about a month ago, I was once again assured that the pano drains were blocked and again encouraged to spend some £300 to clear them - again I declined. When I washed the car a week of so later, I actually checked the drains, and water was successfully draining through each of the 4 outlets. However, I thought the design of the outlets is flawed and could encourage blockages, so I've snipped off the little duckbill non-return valves on them.

It seems to me that OPCs see pano drains as a useful source of easy extra income from people who can't be bothered to check themselves.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign wheels, Agate/Pebble leather, 18-way seats, comfort memory, seat heating, Light Comfort pack, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, Power Steering Plus, spare wheel, towbar.

MacanS_2018

Post by MacanS_2018 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:00 pm

So the OPC had my Macan S for 10 days to fix the leaking pan roof. Unfortunately whilst drying out the carpets they punctured the fuel tank!

So they replaced the fuel tank and recalibrated it THREE times before I got the car back. At least they did a good job in comms and repairing a problem they caused.

Pano roof cassette was repaired, they cleaned it and re-sealed it. I tested with hosepipe for 10 minutes and no water inside.

Let’s hope that the end of it, although I’m thinking of getting rid as checking for leaks every time it rains isn’t my idea of driving a Porsche.

Porsche also said they’d done the work as a gesture of goodwill, which really really annoyed me. It’s under warranty until 2023!

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:15 pm

MacanS_2018 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:00 pm
So the OPC had my Macan S for 10 days to fix the leaking pan roof. Unfortunately whilst drying out the carpets they punctured the fuel tank!

So they replaced the fuel tank and recalibrated it THREE times before I got the car back. At least they did a good job in comms and repairing a problem they caused.

Pano roof cassette was repaired, they cleaned it and re-sealed it. I tested with hosepipe for 10 minutes and no water inside.

Let’s hope that the end of it, although I’m thinking of getting rid as checking for leaks every time it rains isn’t my idea of driving a Porsche.

Porsche also said they’d done the work as a gesture of goodwill, which really really annoyed me. It’s under warranty until 2023!
Cross reference with: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8345&start=110 if you haven't already read that.
2020 S: another Volcano Grey, 18" Macan Wheels +Spare, 14 way seats, ACC, Air Susp, PASM, Roof rails, Heated Screen & Front Seats, 75l tank, Comfort Lighting, PS+, Rev camera.
PNIX29HA ordered, 11 Jan 2022 @ Stockport.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post