Which Nav version do you have?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Paul

Post by Paul »

Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:07 pm
Paul wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:47 pm The danger is Mike, by the time they sort it for you, there’ll be a 2020 version available 😂😂
😂😂 Or it might be easier to simply trade it in for a new one! 😱

There was a BEAUTIFUL Night Blue 911 Carrera S Cabriolet in the showroom. Mrs D was most impressed. 😳
😱😳 funnily enough, I am (fairly) seriously considering a new Carrera S rag top!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:58 pm
Paul wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:47 pm The danger is Mike, by the time they sort it for you, there’ll be a 2020 version available 😂😂

There was a BEAUTIFUL Night Blue 911 Carrera S Cabriolet in the showroom. Mrs D was most impressed. 😳
£130K +/- to you Paul - inc of my commission. 🤗😂
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Paul

Post by Paul »

Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:05 pm

I managed a “poverty spec” at just under £110 - you don’t need many extras on the 992 (imo)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:07 pm
Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:05 pm

I managed a “poverty spec” at just under £110 - you don’t need many extras on the 992 (imo)
A perfect example of a ‘showroom’ spec.

I got to about the same as you after deducting all the superfluous bells n whistles.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Well....

Having been to Swindon without a result they offered to reorder the appropriate Update thinking the original may have been faulty. So after a lovely cross country run :twisted: (without Mrs D) I arrive at Swindon yesterday and Duncan takes the car to do the necessary.

About 20 minutes later he returns. :cry: He'd tried the new Disc but the system said the existing s/w was the most up-to-date! This is the same part number that is accepted as pukka.

This is crazy.

SIGH
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Dandock wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:10 am Well....

Having been to Swindon without a result they offered to reorder the appropriate Update thinking the original may have been faulty. So after a lovely cross country run :twisted: (without Mrs D) I arrive at Swindon yesterday and Duncan takes the car to do the necessary.

About 20 minutes later he returns. :cry: He'd tried the new Disc but the system said the existing s/w was the most up-to-date! This is the same part number that is accepted as pukka.

This is crazy.

SIGH
Oh dear Mike, exasperating! The only thing I can suggest, if you have any energy remaining, is to try Bristol. I wonder if there's a bug in your PCM that is preventing this update.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:56 am

This is crazy.

SIGH
Oh dear Mike, exasperating! The only thing I can suggest, if you have any energy remaining, is to try Bristol. I wonder if there's a bug in your PCM that is preventing this update.
Good morning Nick. Yes. In the interim Tewkesbury have come up with a idea. They’ve talked to a Gold Technician at Bristol and are wondering if there is a flaw and are suggesting a hard reset, thus tricking the PCM into bypassing the online services function. It would be an all-day procedure 😃. I’m now waiting for a suitable slot. This may take a while to find as the Taycan pre- launch training is in full swing.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Dandock wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:51 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:56 am

This is crazy.

SIGH
Good morning Nick. Yes. In the interim Tewkesbury have come up with a idea. They’ve talked to a Gold Technician at Bristol and are wondering if there is a flaw and are suggesting a hard reset, thus tricking the PCM into bypassing the online services function. It would be an all-day procedure 😃. I’m now waiting for a suitable slot. This may take a while to find as the Taycan pre- launch training is in full swing.
Ah, that's good, let's hope it does the trick.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Well, just waiting for Tewkesbury to call. Kitty’s been with them since 9:30 with a view to...

a possible work around, which includes carrying out a hard reset and attempting the
non-applicable update again. Thus, tricking the PCM into bypassing the online services function.

Meanwhile I have hybrid Panny to play with. :D. Fingers crossed.

16:45. Update. Despite hard reset the result is the same as is an error message that was previously showing.

So we wait and have the Panny a little longer.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

36 hours with OPC and further news. :cry:

Service phoned a short while ago to say that they cannot load the update and don't know why. They have successfully updated two stock Macans of similar vintage without problem but cannot the update mine.

So.... they're now going to consult Germany for advice.

Watch this space.

The good news is that I'm not going mad 1 :roll: and haven't been asking for the impossible. And OPC are learning from the issue. :ugeek: