Android in Gen3

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
IanGent

Post by IanGent »

Just picked up my Macan S and want to get full functionality from my Samsung Phone i.e. Spotify, waze and whattsapp with hopefully voice or button controls. It does connect to Spotify through bluetooth but i cannot goto playlists etc without touching phone. Did read that carlinkit 4.0 is the way to go a while ago when I ordered the car. Is that still the best option ? any downsides ?
I would rather plug something in than have to get the system altered in anyway due to warranty .
Loving the Motor btw :D

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I think the Carlinkit systems only provide the 'wireless' component for vehicles that don't already have it like my wife's Merc. If your car can't natively support Android through a wire then the Carlinkit is not going to magically provide it. That's my understanding anyway ;)

Think you'll need to buy an iphone.
Macan S MY 2023
pmg

Post by pmg »

Skyway wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:38 pm I think the Carlinkit systems only provide the 'wireless' component for vehicles that don't already have it like my wife's Merc. If your car can't natively support Android through a wire then the Carlinkit is not going to magically provide it. That's my understanding anyway ;)

Think you'll need to buy an iphone.
There is a Carinkit option that provides Andriod for a vehicle that has apple car play. i have it working partially as I so far have failed to adjust the screen solution to suit a Gen2 Macan. on balance I found I actaully preferred te standard PCM Nav to Waze or Google maps so have not found priority to find te tie to resolve my remaining screen resolution issue.

https://www.carlinkit.store/products/ca ... car-models
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Will in Evergreen

Post by Will in Evergreen »

IanGent

Post by IanGent »

Got the Carlinkit 4.0 and cannot connect it to car. Have tried with phone connected and disconnected but no luck.
Thanks for link do not want to have alterations done to Macans brain as car is in warranty and do not want an iphone :oops:
Any ideas ??
pmg

Post by pmg »

IanGent wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:43 pm Got the Carlinkit 4.0 and cannot connect it to car. Have tried with phone connected and disconnected but no luck.
Thanks for link do not want to have alterations done to Macans brain as car is in warranty and do not want an iphone :oops:
Any ideas ??
It is about about 6 months since I got my Carlinkit 4.0 working apart from setting correct screen resolution so i am relying on memory.

I think I had the Carlinkit connected to the USB in centre box between seats, my android phone was not physically connected but had internet access either by phone signal or home wifi and I had to connect it via Bluetooth to the Carlinkit as suggested in Carlin kit manual https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0482/ ... 1668590360

Since then about a week ago I read somewhere that the macan Gen 2/3 screen resolution is 1772x650 but have yet to work out how to set Carlinkit to that
IanGent

Post by IanGent »

pmg wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:00 pm
IanGent wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:43 pm Got the Carlinkit 4.0 and cannot connect it to car. Have tried with phone connected and disconnected but no luck.
Any ideas ??
It is about about 6 months since I got my Carlinkit 4.0 working apart from setting correct screen resolution so i am relying on memory.

I think I had the Carlinkit connected to the USB in centre box between seats, my android phone was not physically connected but had internet access either by phone signal or home wifi and I had to connect it via Bluetooth to the Carlinkit as suggested in Carlin kit manual https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0482/ ... 1668590360

Since then about a week ago I read somewhere that the macan Gen 2/3 screen resolution is 1772x650 but have yet to work out how to set Carlinkit to that
Its connected !
Don't know how, just unpaired phone unplugged device and this time ( about 5th time) it worked. turned ignition on and off and seems ok. Screen seems laggy. Do you find that ? have google maps , cant see how to get waze and can see all my spotify playlists. Will I get whattsapp messages on it now ? Will have a play tomorrow but if its a real compromise i will have to iphone :o
pmg

Post by pmg »

IanGent wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:08 pm
Any ideas ??

Its connected !
Don't know how, just unpaired phone unplugged device and this time ( about 5th time) it worked. turned ignition on and off and seems ok. Screen seems laggy. Do you find that ? have google maps , cant see how to get waze and can see all my spotify playlists. Will I get whattsapp messages on it now ? Will have a play tomorrow but if its a real compromise i will have to iphone :o
Have you got Waze on phone? my understanding is if on phone ikon should appear on car screen when connected.

By the sounds of it, you have no screen resolution issue? I was missing bottom row of ikons
IanGent

Post by IanGent »

pmg wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:25 pm
IanGent wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:08 pm

Its connected !
Have you got Waze on phone? my understanding is if on phone ikon should appear on car screen when connected.

By the sounds of it, you have no screen resolution issue? I was missing bottom row of ikons
I do have Waze on phone and could switch between them easily on previous car. Resolution is Only Ok not as crisp as regular screen , maybe the resolution is making me miss the bottom row too and the ability to see the Waze icon. I will try to connect someones iphone after I have had more of a go with my samsung and the carlinkit.