Porsche Connect Services

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

crockers wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:13 pm
Tim92gts wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:10 am I

If it's any consolation Vodaphone were very quick to call when i got out for a minute leaving the engine running with fob in my pocket and also when i drove into a ferry.
Was there much damage done??
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

StefP

Post by StefP »

I got my Macan 2 weeks ago expecting the app to work just as well as the Hyundai app which connected to my wife's car 2 months ago in seconds (well not quite but you get my drift). The Hyundai app connected without all the faff of the MPC app. So I went to my OPC yesterday and they told me I need to log onto Porsche Car Connect (https://pcc.automotive.vodafone.com), complete the registration and get the code but do not do this before you book an appointment, see below.

PLEASE NOTE: Book an appointment with service so a technician (that's what they call them these days, they're not mechanics) and they will put the PCC codes into the PCM so it will talk to the app. Nothing like over engineering a simple task and don't get me started on why Android Auto won't work!!!

I'm booked in on July 1st so I'll update with the outcome. In the meantime I'll pray to the Porsche app gods to make this work.
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Neil1911 wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:15 pm
JurassicGTS wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:57 pm Yesterday, I decided to treat my 5 year old Gen 1 GTS to a new subscription to PCM services, with the hope of maybe map upgrades, Amazon Music and to get the apps on the screen to work for example, weather news, parking and fuel prices.
I paid my money and got a new personal pairing code. I have spent all morning trying to input the new pairing code, but all I get is Porsche Connect Services are unavailable๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
I have checked on the PCM system and it is showing end 2021 for all the subscriptions so clearly the My Porsche App isn't updating with the old pairing code, but it won't let me input the new pairing code.
Anyone actually tried to update their subscription successfully?
This doesn't sound dissimilar to what I faced with my new Macan in February most of the car systems seemed to work but the App couldn't connect to the car. I had to go back to the OPC and have something changed using a connected laptop after which it all converses freely. That said it seems unlikely to be the same for a car that's previously had it working, but who knows! Two additions, to do whatever they did required the tracker fobs (not activated and left at home) then after completion I'm still getting this each time I turn on the ignition...20230601_170950.jpg I'll be back there on 14 June with hopes (๐Ÿ™) of removing that. Good luck!

I had this when the batteries in my tracker fobs needed replacing. I don't use Porsche Connect Services, and just keep the fobs in the car, but still got this every time I started it up. New batteries fixed it
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

StefP wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:53 am I got my Macan 2 weeks ago expecting the app to work just as well as the Hyundai app which connected to my wife's car 2 months ago in seconds (well not quite but you get my drift). The Hyundai app connected without all the faff of the MPC app. So I went to my OPC yesterday and they told me I need to log onto Porsche Car Connect (https://pcc.automotive.vodafone.com), complete the registration and get the code but do not do this before you book an appointment, see below.

PLEASE NOTE: Book an appointment with service so a technician (that's what they call them these days, they're not mechanics) and they will put the PCC codes into the PCM so it will talk to the app. Nothing like over engineering a simple task and don't get me started on why Android Auto won't work!!!

I'm booked in on July 1st so I'll update with the outcome. In the meantime I'll pray to the Porsche app gods to make this work.
The app is pointless and adds nothing you canโ€™t do within less than 10 seconds of getting in the car. If you use CarPlay maps as I do, it is redundant.

My app has never worked from day one and not missing a thing - just more BS for owners to buy into and then fret aboutโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ™„
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
crockers

Post by crockers »

Jon A wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:23 am
StefP wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:53 am I got my Macan 2 weeks ago expecting the app to work just as well as the Hyundai app which connected to my wife's car 2 months ago in seconds (well not quite but you get my drift). The Hyundai app connected without all the faff of the MPC app. So I went to my OPC yesterday and they told me I need to log onto Porsche Car Connect (https://pcc.automotive.vodafone.com), complete the registration and get the code but do not do this before you book an appointment, see below.

The app is pointless and adds nothing you canโ€™t do within less than 10 seconds of getting in the car. If you use CarPlay maps as I do, it is redundant.

My app has never worked from day one and not missing a thing - just more BS for owners to buy into and then fret aboutโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ™„
I agree Jon. Mine has never worked. The Volvo one was great it told you if your car was unlocked and let you lock it remotely. Happened once to me with valet parking. I locked it from the restaurant table.
GWL

Post by GWL »

I never set up Porsche Connect and/or Vodafone Tracker in my previous Macan. However, when I picked up my approved used MY20 GTS last week, the OPC (Porsche East London) did a great job activating it during handover, with one guy doing something in the car with a laptop whilst another technician walked me through installing the app, setting it up (along with the Vodafone services) and also added the car to my "My Porsche" account. So, it all worked from the moment I drove away.

Whether I'll pay to use it in future is another matter.... :roll:
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

GWL wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:50 pm I never set up Porsche Connect and/or Vodafone Tracker in my previous Macan. However, when I picked up my approved used MY20 GTS last week, the OPC (Porsche East London) did a great job activating it during handover, with one guy doing something in the car with a laptop whilst another technician walked me through installing the app, setting it up (along with the Vodafone services) and also added the car to my "My Porsche" account. So, it all worked from the moment I drove away.

If you haven't signed your soul over to Steve Jobs and become an Apple Fanboy you probably will, it's good and worth the cost IMHO. ๐Ÿ˜
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
StefP

Post by StefP »

Neil1911 wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:58 pm
GWL wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:50 pm I never set up Porsche Connect and/or Vodafone Tracker in my previous Macan. However, when I picked up my approved used MY20 GTS last week, the OPC (Porsche East London) did a great job activating it during handover, with one guy doing something in the car with a laptop whilst another technician walked me through installing the app, setting it up (along with the Vodafone services) and also added the car to my "My Porsche" account. So, it all worked from the moment I drove away.

If you haven't signed your soul over to Steve Jobs and become an Apple Fanboy you probably will, it's good and worth the cost IMHO. ๐Ÿ˜
I'm getting mine sorted out at Bristol OPC on the 1/7. Let's see what happens next....
andreas

Post by andreas »

Neil1911 wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:58 pm
Steve Jobs died years before the first Macan was launched! :ugeek:
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
andreas

Post by andreas »

Why is it that seemingly all Porsche IT stuff is so incredibly clunky? Do they use work experience kids as programmers?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)