Porsche Connect Services

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Yesterday, I decided to treat my 5 year old Gen 1 GTS to a new subscription to PCM services, with the hope of maybe map upgrades, Amazon Music and to get the apps on the screen to work for example, weather news, parking and fuel prices.
I paid my money and got a new personal pairing code. I have spent all morning trying to input the new pairing code, but all I get is Porsche Connect Services are unavailable😡😡
I have checked on the PCM system and it is showing end 2021 for all the subscriptions so clearly the My Porsche App isn't updating with the old pairing code, but it won't let me input the new pairing code.
Anyone actually tried to update their subscription successfully?
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just spent 20 minutes typing for the site to throw me out so here is the short version.

Delete the App

Re-register on My Porsche using a PC, and enter your VIN details.

It took three weeks for the VIN to be accepted.

Once the process completes re install the App.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

JurassicGTS wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:57 pm Yesterday, I decided to treat my 5 year old Gen 1 GTS to a new subscription to PCM services, with the hope of maybe map upgrades, Amazon Music and to get the apps on the screen to work for example, weather news, parking and fuel prices.
I paid my money and got a new personal pairing code. I have spent all morning trying to input the new pairing code, but all I get is Porsche Connect Services are unavailable😡😡
I have checked on the PCM system and it is showing end 2021 for all the subscriptions so clearly the My Porsche App isn't updating with the old pairing code, but it won't let me input the new pairing code.
Anyone actually tried to update their subscription successfully?
This doesn't sound dissimilar to what I faced with my new Macan in February most of the car systems seemed to work but the App couldn't connect to the car. I had to go back to the OPC and have something changed using a connected laptop after which it all converses freely. That said it seems unlikely to be the same for a car that's previously had it working, but who knows! Two additions, to do whatever they did required the tracker fobs (not activated and left at home) then after completion I'm still getting this each time I turn on the ignition...

20230601_170950.jpg

I'll be back there on 14 June with hopes (🙏) of removing that. Good luck!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

I've just had the whole connection thing, and it's not a easy thing to do.

Pre-loaded the app before car arrived. Sent dealer code etc. Connected the car up on handover, and all fine. So I thought.

Dealer rang me up several times asking me to log on, check boxes etc as it wasn't showing up connected on the system.

I'm now of that age where I need a 12 year old to do it all for me, Only I don't have a 12 year old handy.

I once used the BMW app to pre-load a destination into the sat-nav. Quite proud of myself for working it out. Got to my destination perfectly. Only, every time I started the car up for the next few weeks, it constantly tried taking me that same destination. Much jabbing of screens and swearing ensured !!! :lol:

I preferred simpler times !!
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Site was down then, seems ok now.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:01 pm Just spent 20 minutes typing for the site to throw me out so here is the short version.

Delete the App

Thanks, however I have my Boxster 4.0 GTS on the app as well and that works perfectly and I don't want to risk any issues with that car as I have map updates etc.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

It's always been a slightly slow service but i received an email about the app changing.

Seemed to work then i resubscribed to the extra services and the update was slow again but i now have 2023 maps showing.

If it's any consolation Vodaphone were very quick to call when i got out for a minute leaving the engine running with fob in my pocket and also when i drove into a ferry.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

JurassicGTS wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:32 am
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:01 pm Just spent 20 minutes typing for the site to throw me out so here is the short version.

Delete the App

Thanks, however I have my Boxster 4.0 GTS on the app as well and that works perfectly and I don't want to risk any issues with that car as I have map updates etc.
The VIN needs to be approved before you can re-subscribe, give it time
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
porscherap

Post by porscherap »

Glad others are asking questions of Connect Services.

Apologies if I'm being thick, but I've just received a message to say that at least one of my Car Connect Services for my car <<My Porsche>> will expire 7/7/23. Concerned Service(s): Remote. Does it mean access to the whole of the My Porsche app will disappear on 7 July?

Logged into my My Porsche account on my laptop and checked my active accounts, which says I have No Services Active, yet I have access to my car details and journeys etc, plus maps and tracking etc via the My Porsche app on my iphone.

Also whilst logged into the My Porsche app on my laptop, I found an eight digit installation code for my car with a note "In order to activate your services, please provide the installation code to your Porsche dealer". I'm really confused!

So before I call the Main Dealer I wondered if I could ask your advice as to exactly what I'm signing up for and whether there's likely a cost involved. I only bought the Approved Used car from a Main Dealer in January and I've never owned a car with these facilities before and hoped they would be included FOC for at least a year, if not two.

Be kind haha. Thank you.
Robin.
2017 Macan S Diesel.
Happiness should be a place called Porsche...
crockers

Post by crockers »

Tim92gts wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:10 am I

If it's any consolation Vodaphone were very quick to call when i got out for a minute leaving the engine running with fob in my pocket and also when i drove into a ferry.
Was there much damage done??