Porsche Connect Services

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Does anyone have an email for a person in authority at Porsche GB?

After weeks of trying to get the Porsche Connect up and running, I have given up and want to get my money back.

I have tried calling the number shown for Porsche Connect assistance but it just rings. I have requested a call back 5 times but no call back.

My OPC is totally useless, I am getting so p****d off with Porsche and their lacklustre service, I get much better response from Nissan and that's not great!
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

Chris skiz

Post by Chris skiz »

JurassicGTS wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:53 am Does anyone have an email for a person in authority at Porsche GB?

After weeks of trying to get the Porsche Connect up and running, I have given up and want to get my money back.

I have tried calling the number shown for Porsche Connect assistance but it just rings. I have requested a call back 5 times but no call back.

My OPC is totally useless, I am getting so p****d off with Porsche and their lacklustre service, I get much better response from Nissan and that's not great!

Due to collect mine later today and among other things they’re supposed to be setting up connect so I’ll let you know.

I have to unfortunately agree that my experience so far with OPC’s has left a lot to be desired. The general apathy is disgraceful and promised call backs don’t happen. It annoyed me so much I complained to Porsche GB who took it up with the dealers concerned. The initial reply from the complaints dept suggested they’d a high number of outstanding complaints so the response would take longer than usual (10 days in my case) so it appears there are a few issues.
I have to say we love the Macan but the attitude of the opc staff and the poor level of service has been the worst I’ve experienced across BMW, VW, Audi, Mini Mercedes and other dealerships.
:D Gen 1 Macan turbo with PP
BMW E46 330d touring (tweaked :D )
05 and 03 R53 Mini Cooper S (both tweaked 05 one being converted to track day toy)
03 MX5 mk 2.5.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

My assumption is that the training and information provided to the dealers is inadequate. If the recipient is adept maybe it's enough (I had no issues in 2019 collecting from Sheffield OPC) but if its not "their thing" the technician doesn't get it and the troubleshooting/reference back-up isn't there. That would explain the somewhat different experience (just with Connect) collecting from Stockport this year.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Chris skiz wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:32 pm
JurassicGTS wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:53 am Does anyone have an email for a person in authority at Porsche GB?

Due to collect mine later today and among other things they’re supposed to be setting up connect so I’ll let you know.

I have to unfortunately agree that my experience so far with OPC’s has left a lot to be desired. The general apathy is disgraceful and promised call backs don’t happen. It annoyed me so much I complained to Porsche GB who took it up with the dealers concerned. The initial reply from the complaints dept suggested they’d a high number of outstanding complaints so the response would take longer than usual (10 days in my case) so it appears there are a few issues.
I have to say we love the Macan but the attitude of the opc staff and the poor level of service has been the worst I’ve experienced across BMW, VW, Audi, Mini Mercedes and other dealerships.
How did you manage to get through to Porsche GB? I have called and emailed them but no response?
I have submitted a formal complaint to my Dealer Principle, I fortunately have his email as I am a liason for the PCGB region and the OPC. Interesting if I get any response to that, but would like to send a snotty gram to the head of Porsche UK if I could find an email other than Porsche customer nonservice😡
Chris skiz

Post by Chris skiz »

JurassicGTS wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:02 pm

How did you manage to get through to Porsche GB? I have called and emailed them but no response?
I have submitted a formal complaint to my Dealer Principle, I fortunately have his email as I am a liason for the PCGB region and the OPC. Interesting if I get any response to that, but would like to send a snotty gram to the head of Porsche UK if I could find an email other than Porsche customer nonservice😡
I emailed them from my work address. Oddly enough I tend to get very quick replies as no one tends to ignore HMRC emails :lol: Service manager at Leeds OPC called me a few days later and to be fair he’s been good and actually replies to emails and returns calls.
Generally DP’s answer directly to their group management firstly and the manufacturer comes second. Submit the formal complaint to the Porsche customer service email and use complaint in the subject heading. The DP will likely attempt to keep it in house and Porsche GB won’t be aware.
I have worked in the trade at ‘prestige’ dealerships and customer service and respect was very much down the list of priorities with upselling and profit being at the very top of the list. if I in my current role or any of my staff treated customers and complaints with such ambivalence we’d be plastered all over the tabloids. The problem with Porsche is they have a good product and know it and the core of their custom know it’s a good product but rarely complain.
05 and 03 R53 Mini Cooper S (both tweaked 05 one being converted to track day toy)
03 MX5 mk 2.5.
pmg

Post by pmg »

JurassicGTS wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:02 pm

When I had an issue with loss of live traffic info in Summer 2022, I raised a query re the contact support facility on my Porsche https://my.porsche.com/core/gb/en_GB/contact using send request link on that page.

I got replies and resolution of issue from two individuals a Jonathan Field and Helen Morgan Personal Case Manager on email address smartmobility@porsche.co.uk. I understand they made contact with relevant people in Germany
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Thanks everyone, gives me some other options. I did get a reply from my DP apologising and stating he will get Porsche Connect to call me.
Chris skiz

Post by Chris skiz »

JurassicGTS wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:16 am Thanks everyone, gives me some other options. I did get a reply from my DP apologising and stating he will get Porsche Connect to call me.
Just to update. While the car is still at Leeds I just got a text saying it’s connected and it’s showing in my Porsche as connected.
03 MX5 mk 2.5.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

🍾🍾
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Chris skiz wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:14 pm
JurassicGTS wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:16 am Thanks everyone, gives me some other options. I did get a reply from my DP apologising and stating he will get Porsche Connect to call me.
Just to update. While the car is still at Leeds I just got a text saying it’s connected and it’s showing in my Porsche as connected.
Shock horror, Porsche Retail Group called me.
They think it is a hardware issue. It is booked back in beginning of September as that's the first courtesy car availability and they will honour 1 years Porsche Connect from the date it's fixed....as a goodwill gesture🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣I did ask how that was a goodwill gesture but didn't push it!