Navigation and Infotainment Services expiring

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Just had a message from Porsche that my Navigation and Infotainment system service is expiring.
Renewal cost is £139, which is not a massive amount of money, but I wonder if I don't renew, what will I actually loose?
Do forum members always renew this or are their members who haven't and can advise what you have lost.
Thanks Rob
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

happy days

Post by happy days »

Never use - connect carplay and use Google Maps.
Macan S D
718 S
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

happy days wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:56 pm Never use - connect carplay and use Google Maps.
Can you 'plug' Google maps into the PCM screen from your phone?
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:24 pm
happy days wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:56 pm Never use - connect carplay and use Google Maps.
Can you 'plug' Google maps into the PCM screen from your phone?
Sure can, that’s Apple car play for you. I had it in the Jag and literally never ever used the standard sat nav. I either use Google maps or Waze both are continuously updated and show live traffic updates. You can stream music from Spotify for example and still have Google maps up on the screen…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
andreas

Post by andreas »

JurassicGTS wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:36 pm Just had a message from Porsche that my Navigation and Infotainment system service is expiring.
Renewal cost is £139, which is not a massive amount of money, but I wonder if I don't renew, what will I actually loose?
Do forum members always renew this or are their members who haven't and can advise what you have lost.
I didn't renew; the navigation function still works perfectly. The only bit that doesn't work is the satellite image overlay, which I never used anyway. The other bits, like news feeds, fuel prices, weather, etc, were rather clunky and I never used them either.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
pmg

Post by pmg »

andreas wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:16 pm
JurassicGTS wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:36 pm Just had a message from Porsche that my Navigation and Infotainment system service is expiring.
I didn't renew; the navigation function still works perfectly. The only bit that doesn't work is the satellite image overlay, which I never used anyway. The other bits, like news feeds, fuel prices, weather, etc, were rather clunky and I never used them either.
So you retained live traffic info,? I thought that was lost
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

pmg wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:21 pm
andreas wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:16 pm
So you retained live traffic info,? I thought that was lost
That's my concern reading the specification on the My Porsche website.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

E48D1701-F1D6-40E8-851C-65CD576462E5.png

After the two year free period if you do not subscribe to Connect (not Car Connect which is the Vodafone tracker) the services shown above should not function.

This is for Gen 1.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
andreas

Post by andreas »

pmg wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:21 pm So you retained live traffic info,? I thought that was lost
That probably was lost, but strangely the map continues to show red lines along roads which have slow traffic or queues.

This is my first Porsche, and overall I've been very disappointed by their seemingly random approach to electronic aids. The tracker service was hopeless. Trying to get to the bottom of what's actually on offer from subscription services is baffling. It could be handled much better.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

Yes the red / yellow lines are obtained via TMC, which uses a separate channel on the radio to get traffic information and it is completely separate to live traffic information.

HTH