Reversing camera not coming on

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
ChrisStewart

Post by ChrisStewart »

Hi : I’ve just bought a 2015 Macan from an online dealer. Very pleased with it - but I can’t get the reversing camera to come on automatically, despite following the instructions in the manual. And, yes, it is fitted with one 😀 Anybody have any idea what I’m doing wrong ? Thanks in advance.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

It is probably a software glitch which an OPC can rectify.

I had the same problem with my first Macan but a visit to the OPC soon solved it.

It turned out to be an expensive visit, for whilst they were updating the system I put in an order for my current Turbo.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Make sure the parking brake is off.

When I took delivery of my Cayenne back in 2013, the SE and a technician spent half an hour trying to cure the same "fault" you have only to eventually realise that the camera did not work with the parking brake applied.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
ChrisStewart

Post by ChrisStewart »

On-Track wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:17 pm Make sure the parking brake is off.

When I took delivery of my Cayenne back in 2013, the SE and a technician spent half an hour trying to cure the same "fault" you have only to eventually realise that the camera did not work with the parking brake applied.
😆
ChrisStewart

Post by ChrisStewart »

Brilliant! Sorted!
kevreb123

Post by kevreb123 »

Hi
I had the same with the 2018 SD I purchased in June 2021 after two weeks the rear well and battery compartment had water in and had damaged a module i had the two year warranty and the fault was blamed on blocked pano roof drain holes .
andreas

Post by andreas »

kevreb123 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:08 pm Hi
I had the same with the 2018 SD I purchased in June 2021 after two weeks the rear well and battery compartment had water in and had damaged a module i had the two year warranty and the fault was blamed on blocked pano roof drain holes .
Does that mean the warranty didn't pay out?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
kevreb123

Post by kevreb123 »

andreas wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:21 pm
kevreb123 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:08 pm Hi
Does that mean the warranty didn't pay out?
Since I had the car only a couple of weeks the OPC told me that the OPC that sold me the car should have cleaned the drain holes as part of the 111 part checks to qualify for the 2 year warranty
It was repaired under warranty a new module for the reverse camera and new Pano roof seals and screws replaced the ends of the rear drain tubes were cut off as they seem to trap water not had any more water in rear tyre wells but now have an annoying rattle from the back hope its just loose trim.