Connect

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

Can anyone advise me how i go about accepting the terms and conditions to allow use of this ?
Tried all i can but nowhere do i get the option to accept them.

InkedMacan connect_LI.jpg

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

vanduara37 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:30 pm Can anyone advise me how i go about accepting the terms and conditions to allow use of this ?
Tried all i can but nowhere do i get the option to accept them.

InkedMacan connect_LI.jpg
Looks like you need to go to the Porsche Connect Store, select the service(s) you want to buy and accept the Ts&Cs during the checkout process. That's assuming you don't already have this service. If you do, it should be listed as one of the services in 'My Connect Services' which should show what is in contract and when it/they expire. In your screenshot it doesn't appear to be in contract so try going through the purchase process again. It shouldn't let you pay for something twice (I don't think!) but if you're still stuck you might need to call Porsche Connect on 08081685219.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

Thank you.
That,s the thing though i didn,t opt to purchase this service at any point but i am however wondering if it is connected to my last post which was the error message i get everytime i start the car regarding a software update ?
I did point it out to the opc when it was last in but they just shrugged and said "don,t know what the issue is".
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

Contacted Porsche helpline earlier who have confirmed there is a problem with the admin of my account and they will need to contact German headquarters to get it sorted,
Glad its jus not me being thick.
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

Reply email from Porsche Connect Service.

Dear Mr Gallagher

"In reference to the technical ticket we have raised for you here for the Online Software Update, please be advised that you will first need to purchase and activate the Navigation & Infotainment package within the Connect store. The software update automatically keeps these services live and up to date, therefore it will remain inactive until these services are purchased."

Surely this can,t be correct, I need to pay £159 per year to stop getting an ERROR message on PCM every single time i start the car ?
May i ask if everyone on the forum with Navigation pays for this annual subscription ? And if not do they receive an ERROR message on PCM every time they start the car ?

Thanks.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I pay for it.......
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

And it is £139 pa inc VAT
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Initially I used the Connect functions as they were free.

Once the free period expired I did not activate the subscription.

When the car was serviced the OPC updated the software.

At no time did I ever receive any Error message.

Early Summer this year I activated the subscription purely to get the live traffic updates to the nav map that had ceased to work on the expiry of the free period.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:06 am Initially I used the Connect functions as they were free.

Early Summer this year I activated the subscription purely to get the live traffic updates to the nav map that had ceased to work on the expiry of the free period.
You have to pay to get live traffic updates!!? I’m really starting to regret my decision to dip my toe into the Porsche money making machine.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:45 am
Col Lamb wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:06 am Initially I used the Connect functions as they were free.

You have to pay to get live traffic updates!!? I’m really starting to regret my decision to dip my toe into the Porsche money making machine.
Only after the first 2 years.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)