Cracked Door Handles

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
RobC62

Post by RobC62 »

]Hi guys this is my first post , so hello to everyone and thanks for the add to the group . I also have a similar problem on my 68 plate Macan , both rear handles are badly cracked . I noticed the first one a few months ago and thought someone must have banged it , although there was no sign of any paintwork damage , and yesterday I noticed the other rear door was exactly the same , I thought this too much of a coincidence and decided to do a google search , and so here I am .
I haven’t made contact with the dealer in Glasgow yet , but will be doing so tomorrow, but it’s good to read that some of you have had them replaced under warranty with much hassle .
I will let you know how I get on .

66DD1E09-89E5-4FF1-A031-6949D54A2F28.jpeg

C7421691-906D-4DA1-A479-6FC54857A849.jpeg

peter7

Post by peter7 »

Mine was repaired earlier this year it’s one of the very first Macan’s ( an original press car ) I am amazed they are still having the same issues on a 68 plate car ! Come on Porsche don’t let your reputation slip like this !
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars
Salty

Post by Salty »

My wife’s Macan is going back in to the OPC tomorrow to have both rear door handles done under warranty. The offside front was done a couple of weeks ago. The cracks in the rear handles were not as bad as yours so should have no problem getting yours sorted.
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS
RobC62

Post by RobC62 »

Hopefully Porsche will replace these without any hassle , I can’t believe it’s been going on for so long
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

Just received this from the service advisor:
With regards to the cracked handle, we have had contact from Porsche to say at present the damage isn’t sufficient enough to have replaced under warranty. If this does get any worse then please to contact and we will have a further look.
To say I'm angry is an understatement. The car is 2 years old and a cracked door handle on ANY vehicle at this age, irrespective of value, is unacceptable.

Last edited by thewanted on Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peter7

Post by peter7 »

Mine were replaced (both front ones) by Porsche Brooklands at 80,000 miles under extended warranty just over a year ago .
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

peter7 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:06 pm Mine were replaced (both front ones) by Porsche Brooklands at 80,000 miles under extended warranty just over a year ago .

That's where my car is today :( Going to go collect it soon so I'll update my first post with a photo of the crack.
peter7

Post by peter7 »

They have been pretty good with my car , just had main service, pdk oil , brake fluid change and a free transfer box oil change last week .
When they did my handles tff grrrr eh also had to replace the mechanism ( I think they broke it ) and had to get replacements to match my keys .. a bit of a lengthy process but a good outcome and no charge .
RAA

Post by RAA »

My Gen. 2 Macan S has now succumbed to the cracked door handle syndrome. Just one, so far: front passenger's door handle with a 45mm crack. I am thinking that these handles should be made of something tougher than plastic, considering that so many owners have experienced this. My car is less than 23 months old.
Vxah

Post by Vxah »

My car is just now 5 years old and all four handles have cracked. Porsche Great Britain are telling me they are unaware of any known issue so they won’t consider a contribution as the car is now out of warranty.
Reading this I’m loathed to pay for a new set @ £900 fitted only for them to crack again!