Water Ingress

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Quick update for those who have offered advice:
We've now spent many a happy hour with the car jacked up at all different angles whilst dousing it thoroughly with a hosepipe and pressure washer, but I simply cannot replicate the leak! I guess it will remain a mystery for now...
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

One thing that it may or may not be, the AC unit drain.

Water condenses on the cooling coil, and in the units that you see in offices and shops there is a drain tray under the unit and condensate is then drained away from this tray.

There may well be something similar in the Macan and the drain is blocked but I have no idea if there is or where the drain is routed.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:54 pm One thing that it may or may not be, the AC unit drain.

Water condenses on the cooling coil, and in the units that you see in offices and shops there is a drain tray under the unit and condensate is then drained away from this tray.

There may well be something similar in the Macan and the drain is blocked but I have no idea if there is or where the drain is routed.

Thanks, Col. I did consider that, but I think the drain is lower than where the water is dripping from. so I ruled it out. I may revisit this if the problem returns, though. :)
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)