Headlights won’t switch off

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Dombo

Post by Dombo »

I have a 2015 petrol Macan S. I always keep the headlights on Auto unless I need the fog lights in which case I switch to “On” and pull out the knob.
Lately the headlights have remained on in auto mode, whatever the ambient light, and if I turn the knob to “Off” they remain on. There is no difference between “Auto” and “On”.
Sidelights work fine when turned on, and main beam also.
I have cleaned the windscreen where the sensor is but no change. Settings menu is no help, for external lights it only gives a choice of how long they stay on when you switch off the car.
Any advice or ideas most welcome.
Macan S
996 C2 cab
Fiat 500 Twinair

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Dombo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:59 pm I have a 2015 petrol Macan S. I always keep the headlights on Auto unless I need the fog lights in which case I switch to “On” and pull out the knob.
Lately the headlights have remained on in auto mode, whatever the ambient light, and if I turn the knob to “Off” they remain on. There is no difference between “Auto” and “On”.
I have cleaned the windscreen where the sensor is but no change. Settings menu is no help, for external lights it only gives a choice of how long they stay on when you switch off the car.
I think that’s just how the daytime running lights work. I just leave it in Auto.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Makanik wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:03 pm
Dombo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:59 pm I have a 2015 petrol Macan S. I always keep the headlights on Auto unless I need the fog lights in which case I switch to “On” and pull out the knob.
I think that’s just how the daytime running lights work. I just leave it in Auto.
The sensible answer
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Makanik wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:03 pm
If the headlights are halogen (ie standard) then yes they act as "daylight running lights" as well. If they are bi-xenon or LED (unlikely in a 2015 car) then the DRL is a separate feature just below the headlight cluster.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel