Oil Pressure Gauge

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
DRW

Post by DRW »

Hi

Can anyone please tell me why my Base Macan does not have the engine oil pressure info option, why would Porsche delete it??? For the pence it saves on a base price?

DRW

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Do you know if other makes that use this engine provide oil pressure info?

When was your car built? Many manufacturers have been saving chips in various ways over the past two or three years, and not necessarily consistent across a range of cars of the same make.

I understand why you ask about your car compared to other Macan models, but ultimately these days, continuous oil pressure indication has been rendered superfluous given that any serious change in oil pressure will immediately bring up an audible and visual alarm telling you to stop.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

My wife's Tiguan which uses the same VW 2L engine as in the base Macan (albeit in a different state of tune) does not display oil pressure information.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
DRW

Post by DRW »

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I agree the oil pressure light gives an indication of catastrophic low oil pressure normally too late to rectify, a pressure reading can give advanced warning of impending issues, every car is fitted with an oil pressure light but most performance cars have an oil pressure display, maybe Porsche do not count a basic Macan as a performance car, therefore equip it with a similar warning to a Ford Fiesta?

My car was a 2019 model so before the chip shortage, I was watching a You Tube video of a 2019 base Macan and that was fitted with an oil pressure gauge reading?

I cannot understand why my car has an oil temp reading which is not as important but does not display pressure?

Bad show Porsche, as my Macan Diesel which is further from being a performance model had a pressure gauge reading??

I rang the dealer in Sheffield that supplied my car and they have failed to get back to me?

DRW
DRW

Post by DRW »

If there are owners of the base Macan would it be possible to ask you to check and confirm the deletion?

Thanks in advance

DRW
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

I will check when I return on Friday but am pretty sure that on my 2019 MY20, line3 has always contained oil pressure and I only added battery to line4.

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
DRW

Post by DRW »

Thank you Paul

DRW
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

should have kept your Macan Diesel
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

@DRW, As I thought I do have Oil Pressure on my 2019 MY20 2L MFD. Looking in vehicle settings there are 3 or 4 pages of options to scroll through so something for everybody.

I hope this helps.

Paul

IMG_4882b.jpg

IMG_4883b.jpg

Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
DRW

Post by DRW »

Hi Paul

Thank you for the info and pics, can you tell me if your Macan has had the recent update performed?

I did start another post and this is the update that I received from Porsche Sheffield?

The service manager from Porsche Sheffield called, he informed me that the update that was applied to the Macan causes this option to be deleted, the update was for something totally unrelated to the gauge cluster???

He admitted that some Macan owners had raised a similar question, he has instructed his lead technician to contact Porsche technical to find out if Porsche are going to release another software update to fix the botch up that they have caused with the previous attempt???

As this is a low priority he informed me that it maybe some weeks before they have a response ?

Well done Porsche what has happened to German efficiency ?

DRW

DRW