Pre 2018 Macan Sat Nav updates

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The latest version of the Maps in my Macan were 2018 and despite new Data SIM card being used I could not get my Macan to update the Maps.

I pay the Connect+ annual fees specifically for the Live Traffic and for the Map Updates.

Yesterday the car went into the local OPC for its MOT and I had asked them to look at why the Map Updates were not working, I set a spend limit on workshop time.

The Service Advisor tried some cock n bull tale that the map updates were only supported until the PCM was upgraded in 2018. I pointed out to him that the Porsche Website states that live updates to Sat Nav Maps were part of the annual subscription fee. He then said OK but a Data Package has to be subscribed to, my response was there was a Data SIM in the card slot and a Spare in the Armrest locker.

The SA rang later that day to say that they had found a Workshop Bulletin advising that a software patch was available and that they had applied it and the Map Update was slowly progressing.

The next day he rang to say all was OK and the car was ready for collection?

When I collected it he said that they had to use their own SIM as mine kept failing, that’s Three for you going downhill.

When questioned as to why it was not picked up at the service last year the response was they would only check if a customer advised of problems. Typical Porsche again the IT record system for each car is not fit for purpose.

So if you are having issues updating your Sat Nav Maps get the OPC to check out if Workshop Bulletin Ti 994125 has been applied to your Macan.

You do need to Subscribe to the Connect+ and have a live Data Package.

A descent Car Company would now have the Maps available to be downloaded at home, placed on a SD card or USB stick and it would be a simple user task to update. The 2014 Q4 that I had could have its maps updated via SD card.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Col Lamb wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:36 pm You do need to Subscribe to the Connect+ and have a live Data Package.
I've been subscribed, since Sept 2019, 3.5 years on my Gen2 (paid for after 2 years) and now since February on Gen3. Never had a "data package" or an external SIM, so does that only apply up Gen1 Macans?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Newer Macan’s have a higher Subscription cost so maybe that includes an element of data which id ring fenced for Map updates.

Have you checked to see if updates are available for your sat nav maps?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:19 pm Newer Macan’s have a higher Subscription cost so maybe that includes an element of data which id ring fenced for Map updates.

Have you checked to see if updates are available for your sat nav maps?
I've seen it update in the last 10 days.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP