Screen washer jets

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Tonyedmunds

Post by Tonyedmunds »

Good afternoon all
Does anyone know if the windscreen washer jets are covered by the extended warranty?
I’ve lost three of my six jets and, as I’m sure you all know ,they are very difficult to get at

ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

I lost one of my jets and asked the OPC about it when the car was in for some other warranty work

They get blocked with limescale and detritus and easiest way to clean is to bend out a large safety pin so that it’s straight and then poke it into the jet to clear it. Likewise to change direction of the jets (one of mine was shooting water over the car not the windscreen), just stick in the safety pin and toggle it to the desired direction.

Bit fiddly but am now happy with all my jets and where they’re shooting the water
Subculture

Post by Subculture »

Personally, just ask.
Imho they should be but if you don’t ask etc 😎
Not had an issue with mine yet either
Tonyedmunds

Post by Tonyedmunds »

An hour of fiddling has got all six jets working and pointing in the right directions.
These are definitely the least accessible jets I’ve ever seen.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

What are you using as washer fluid?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Tonyedmunds

Post by Tonyedmunds »

Good point Nick
I haven’t added any screen wash since it’s collection from OPC where I assumed they used the right stuff and I did buy the Porsche screen wash ( which I believe is Sonax)
Our water is especially hard so I usually soak the jets in vinegar to reduce scaling , that’s a bit tricky with the Macan !
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

We have hard water too. I have a resin tower water softener for rinsing of cars after washing so I use that for screenwash water. Or you can buy distilled water or ready mixed screen wash.

Note for those not yet aware, Porsche screen wash does not have anti freeze in it, Porsche sell this separately. Make sure it’s either in the reservoir already or add it if not. Now’s the time of year to do it and it may well save you the grief others have experienced with leaks inside the car!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

It look as if Amazon bots are scouring this forum

I had this suggested buy pop up in my emails and I have never done a search for one - in fact I didn't even know they existed !

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... em_2p_2_lm
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
pmg

Post by pmg »

Tonyedmunds wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:31 pm An hour of fiddling has got all six jets working and pointing in the right directions.
These are definitely the least accessible jets I’ve ever seen.
+1 I have just realigned one of mine that preferred hitting the car behind rather than my windscreen most awkward location for adjustment I have had on any car I have owned.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Tonyedmunds

Post by Tonyedmunds »

Thanks Nick ,again I’ve never had a screen wash that needed anti freeze , I just thought you increased the concentration.