My Porsche & Car Connect

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
robbie

Post by robbie »

Just a thought for you, the car has to be in the dealership for the pairing code to be input into the car, they plug a tester in underneath the steering column to enter the pairing code which then activates this Connect service for you, it cannot be done remotely, maybe this is why you are not seeing the correct data within the App.............
MY23 Macan S - Delivered on 9th March 2023
Sold - MY19 Macan 2.0 - Delivered on 28th Dec 2018

robbie

Post by robbie »

A tip for any new Porsche owners who need advise & guidance, I always ask to speak to one of the dealerships 'Porsche Pro' guys, they sit below the SE's but have a far greater knowledge of all the Porsche cars functionality, they do not sell cars so are purely there to help customers with their car queries, far easier than reading the user handbook!!. This leaves the SE's to be the main customer point of contact for selling cars. They are also a lot better at providing your Masterclass than asking for the SE and you then have yourself a good contact after leaving the dealership. Our dealership at Tewkesbury have two, Lewis or Blake. both young knowledgeable guys
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

There is endless confusion around the Connect Services.

There are two:-

1 the Tracker Service is the Vodafone system and it is this that requires the Pairing Code, there are three levels of so called service with the basic being the freebie for the first year. Thereafter it is a paid for service the cost is dependant upon which of the three options is chosen.

2 Connect+ provides the online services ie streaming music, map updates, hotel/fuel entertainment locations and imo the most important Live Traffic. There is a separate annual stand alone subscription for this.

All now come under the My Porsche App, so enough said on that.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
robbie

Post by robbie »

As Col has already said there is a lot of confusion here, I have just spoken with my Porsche Pro who confirms that both services above need to have an 'Installation code' set up within the dealerships workshop, this is normally done at handover but sometimes I'm told only if the customers asks for it. Once this is done the pairing code then needs to be applied for the App to get all its data, this code can be activated remotely, but if only the 2nd code has been applied without the initial installation code you will not see any data. this just pairs the App to the car.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Be absolutley sure you want the Vodafone tracker service and prepared to pay in the future. I've heard this is a nightmare to switch off after activation ;)

I didn't bother with it.
Macan S MY 2023
robbie

Post by robbie »

Skyway wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:41 am Be absolutley sure you want the Vodafone tracker service and prepared to pay in the future. I've heard this is a nightmare to switch off after activation ;)

I didn't bother with it.
Concur with Skyway, I've got the two bits of black plastic 'trackers' stowed away ready to handover to the next owner but will not be subscribing to the Vodafone service.
However I do currently use the My Porsche App as for the first 12 months this service is free if you buy the car new, would not consider this worth paying an annual subscription for at first renewal, same as Connect+ which I understand is free for the first two years, I will not be renewing that either.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Skyway wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:41 am Be absolutley sure you want the Vodafone tracker service and prepared to pay in the future. I've heard this is a nightmare to switch off after activation ;)

I didn't bother with it.
You'll find that if you don't pay the subscription, they'll switch it off fairly promptly!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I'd heard that some owners start getting notifications in the car which have to keep being cancelled?
Macan S MY 2023
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

robbie wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:23 pm

I didn't bother with it.
Concur with Skyway, I've got the two bits of black plastic 'trackers' stowed away ready to handover to the next owner but will not be subscribing to the Vodafone service.
However I do currently use the My Porsche App as for the first 12 months this service is free if you buy the car new, would not consider this worth paying an annual subscription for at first renewal, same as Connect+ which I understand is free for the first two years, I will not be renewing that either.
Thanks for all your detailed information. 👍

I just got the car last week. Its 2 years old.

I just logged in to My Porsche using the website rather than the app and this is what I see:

Screenshot_20230816-141221_Samsung Internet.jpg

So My Porsche and that pairing looks OK but I can't see whether the car is locked, fuel consumption etc

Strangely the tyre pressure info comes up on the app now but nothing else!

I think it's the Porsche Car Connect/ Vodafone thing that isn't paired. This is what I see when I log in:

Screenshot_20230816-141730_Samsung Internet.jpg

With the message "in order to activate your services, please provide the installation code to your dealer"

In the Porsche Connect store I have Navigation and info active.

Far too many different app/ sites etc...

I'm not totally technically inept but I think I need to get my 12 year old son on to it!

Screenshot_20230816-141730_Samsung Internet.jpg

2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

The mobile app has more than that in it, e.g. status of locked doors, windows etc, fuel range left, next service, tyres pressures etc etc
Macan S MY 2023