Drivers door rattle from Handle pull area of door

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Brearz

Post by Brearz »

I have an annoying rattle on my 2014 D S from an area either close to the drivers door handle Pull or behind. I have taken off the door card twice now and found

A cable running over the rubberised door access panel not clipped in and had been drumming on the panel. (-marks on cover)
A cable that moved slightly in its cable tie clip revealing bare cable and not wrapped anti-squeak tape.

Frustratingly after fixing both these issues the rattle remains. I have also checked behind the access panel to see if the foam cover is covering the contact point with the door and it is. (Not slipped down, which is another possibility from reading other forums)

I wonder if anyone has ever removed the Handle Pull from the door card to find something loose?

It only rattles on rough roads or pot holes. Any help appreciated, its driving me mad.
944 Lux - Guards RED
987 Cayman S - Guards Red
958 Cayenne GTS - GTS Red
95B Macan S D - Jet black metallic

MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Just a suggestion to possibly help identify the source of the rattle: Next time you have the door card off, take the car for a drive as it may help you locate the offending area a little bit more accurately?
Brearz

Post by Brearz »

Yes that's a good idea if I can work out how to
Latch the door . The cable runs into the door card ?
944 Lux - Guards RED
987 Cayman S - Guards Red
958 Cayenne GTS - GTS Red
95B Macan S D - Jet black metallic