Redex Adblu refilling problem

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

SteveTTT wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:44 am Thanks everyone. I suspect the container I used for the first
EDZ wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:16 pm Just out of curiosity how many miles are you doing ? must be quite a lot, I only had one little top up (about 4 liters) in 21,000 miles, done by OPC. Sounds like it's either air locked or false reading.
Hard to say about consumption. I’ve done 42k miles from new. A couple of years ago I had a leak on the injector, fixed under warranty, so the OPC might have filled it then, or possibly at its first service at 20k miles. The first time the warning light came on was August 2021, mileage was probably around 35k, and I was really surprised at how little it seemed to be using - especially compared to my previous Jag XF company motor that guzzled it furiously. On that occasion I only put in 10 litres, and based on the current mileage warning I’d say I’ll get about 1k miles per litre, so consumption would have increased significantly. I am doing a lot more short journeys lately though (I know, I know…!) - don’t know if that affects its thirst.

that in the course of
Consistent with use and have no idea if consumption goes up as millage gets higher and car older, but feasible.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)