Moll Battery

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:03 pm
Kleynie wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:42 am
Percymon wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:30 am

Why do you think Cazoo will pay for a Porsche battery - if the car wasn't under Porsche warranty at the time then they fitted a perfectly good battery of the correct rating. They are not obliged to make it suitable for Porsche warranty application, a lot of buyers may not even be aware of the extended warranty; not everyone scans the forums for advice
I agree, they fitted a good quality battery, just not a OEM battery.
They supplied a car with non standard parts, any reputable company should know what that entails if one takes it to a main dealer and they find faults.

Primarily if one does not ask one does not get.

As it is it should have been checked over within the returns period, and sent back to Cazoo.

Better still buy from an OPC
If Porsche hadn't have cocked up my booking the car would have been checked over during the returns period. As it was, it was checked within the 3 month warranty period and all they could find wrong was the battery as I had my winter N0 tyres on by then and the oil leak was already booked in for a repair at the same OPC.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

EDZ wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:18 am Unfortunately your purchase from Cazoo has had quite a few problems, luckily some fixed by Cazoo, but you have also had quite a bit of expense on top of the purchase price ie: tires, another service by an OPC, 111 point check and now another battery, then the cost of the extended warranty This purchase shows that buying from an OPC is not as expensive as it seems sometimes.
You are focused on price, that was not the primary reason for buying this car. I looked long and hard for a carmine red GTS with 18 way seats and a decent kit list, unfortunately none came up on the Porsche finder, they were all basic spec. I knew buying from Cazoo was not ideal and I went in with my eyes open and the spare funds to put things right. As it happens Cazoo have paid for the roof rails to be painted and the front skid pan to be painted (£400) and the oil leak to be repaired (£7200), plus they reduced the car by nearly £500 initially for me. I don't think that's bad service at all.

They also fitted new N1 rear tyres before purchase but due to the stupid Porsche warranty rules I had to change them to match my front N0 tyres, that is not Cazoo's fault. They fitted the same brand, Michelin, as the fronts and did not scrimp at all.

And on price, this car was a full £7k cheaper than the OPC examples at the time that were basic spec. I would have paid the OPC prices if they had the right car at the time.

Thanks for your help with the battery LOL
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

jonnydrama wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:47 am
Kleynie wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:57 pm I have a non OEM battery in my GTS as I believe Cazoo changed it before I bought it in November. I had the 111 point check and they said I need to change the battery before they’ll give me warranty and quoted £630! So, the question is, has anyone bought an OEM battery elsewhere? I believe they are made by Moll, so I emailed them and have not had a response. Probably a closed shop and OPC only.

Thanks
Honestly, I'd approach the service dept and ask what discount can be applied on the part and labour. Mine have been pretty good in the past.
I will do that. They knocked £150 off the service last time. Thanks
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Jon A wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:59 am Would it be better to buy a different warranty (other than Porsche) as there are a few out there that are pretty comprehensive? It’s just that you might save on the ridiculous stipulations that Porsche require just to simply make money on parts - tyres, batteries etc.
It has the Cazoo warranty, but I am not happy with that knowing how much work my previous Macan needed - 9 visits one year to the OPC, cost me nothing.
Macanboy

Post by Macanboy »

Why are theses high specced cars ending up out of the OPC network ?
Doesn’t make sense .

Unless they have a bit more than the odd consumable , that a OPC can sort at trade prices .Hidden histories , accident damage unrecorded , lemons known by the OPC s , flood victims , stolen recovered , lack of software up dates etc etc .

I mean OPC ( excluding March / Sept ) are always short of GOOD qualifying stock and know punters value the 111 pointer and 2 yr warranty , the comfort blanket etc .

So why do they pass on them and allow Cazoo etc to hover up ?
Bear in mind most if not all OPC s are multi franchises so not every piece of pork that comes in across the estate ends up at the franchised site .

Take JCT 600 for example many used Porsches at the other franchises forecourts .
Audi sites in Grimsby/ VW in Doncaster .

So on that premise for the sake of in this example 4 boots + batt why was it passed over ?
His Boxster 987.2 + Ferrari GT4 .
Hers Macan SD
Previous pork = Cayenne S , 968 CS , 911 , even a 924 !
Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari 360
6 Range rovers full fat + various Mercs + BImmers .
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Cazoo probably offered previous owner more wedge for it than Porsche so it was sold to them?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Macanboy

Post by Macanboy »

Jon A wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:56 pm Cazoo probably offered previous owner more wedge for it than Porsche so it was sold to them?
Or they declined it .
That’s what I mean if it only needs boots + batt and stock level was zero with Macca then they would have bitten .
It’s all about moving metal at the end of the day .
Take Porsche centre Sheffield right now look at the stock level of Macca .Remember a hilly 4x4 city with winter weather and March pex s should all be ready to go out now …….assuming they make the 111 pointer .

Here today only one sodding mid March - Macan .
Arguably a lemon now fuels rocketing .

64C06A27-4BCE-4648-813A-1C46832C6D2F.jpeg

His Boxster 987.2 + Ferrari GT4 .
Hers Macan SD
Previous pork = Cayenne S , 968 CS , 911 , even a 924 !
Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari 360
6 Range rovers full fat + various Mercs + BImmers .
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

It was sold direct to Cazoo by the first owner. Yes, a one owner 5 year old low mileage car with no body damage! God forbid not on a Porsche forecourt!
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

OPC’s offer the lowest money for those selling on. Makes perfect sense to offload to highest bidder when changing.
Also, my friend has just sold his 2017 GTS via motorway and he got 3.5k more than Porsche were offering, and no warranty. Five year old car doesn’t necessarily benefit from having Porsche warranty (as the seller) and I think you could make a good argument to take out a third party warranty and service at an Indy for a five year old car??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

Wow, what a thread. The OP asks a question about a replacement battery and ends up getting judged for how he bought the car!

Anyway back to the original question, has anyone managed to replace a code a battery without paying OPC prices? I suspect that as our cars get older this will become a regular question.