Moll Battery

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Unfortunately your purchase from Cazoo has had quite a few problems, luckily some fixed by Cazoo, but you have also had quite a bit of expense on top of the purchase price ie: tires, another service by an OPC, 111 point check and now another battery, then the cost of the extended warranty This purchase shows that buying from an OPC is not as expensive as it seems sometimes.
Last edited by EDZ on Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:42 am
Percymon wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:30 am
Col Lamb wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:43 pm I would contact Cazoo and tactfully suggest they pay for an official Porsche approved battery.

They must know that fitting non approved parts invalidates a Porsche warranty or precludes an extended warranty being issued.

In effect they have not supplied a Porsche in full, only 99% of one.
Why do you think Cazoo will pay for a Porsche battery - if the car wasn't under Porsche warranty at the time then they fitted a perfectly good battery of the correct rating. They are not obliged to make it suitable for Porsche warranty application, a lot of buyers may not even be aware of the extended warranty; not everyone scans the forums for advice
I agree, they fitted a good quality battery, just not a OEM battery.
It might be worth asking a few OPCs about the battery you have, it could be that some were actually branded Moll only, as well as Porsche - maybe they fitted an old stock item ? Thsi image is a KN battery, but clearly sporting both Moll and Porsche branding/part numbers..

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Percymon wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:20 am

Why do you think Cazoo will pay for a Porsche battery - if the car wasn't under Porsche warranty at the time then they fitted a perfectly good battery of the correct rating. They are not obliged to make it suitable for Porsche warranty application, a lot of buyers may not even be aware of the extended warranty; not everyone scans the forums for advice
It might be worth asking a few OPCs about the battery you have, it could be that some were actually branded Moll only, as well as Porsche - maybe they fitted an old stock item ? Thsi image is a KN battery, but clearly sporting both Moll and Porsche branding/part numbers..

https://www.stoddard.com/95861111020.html
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Kleynie wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:57 pm I have a non OEM battery in my GTS as I believe Cazoo changed it before I bought it in November. I had the 111 point check and they said I need to change the battery before they’ll give me warranty and quoted £630! So, the question is, has anyone bought an OEM battery elsewhere? I believe they are made by Moll, so I emailed them and have not had a response. Probably a closed shop and OPC only.

Thanks
Honestly, I'd approach the service dept and ask what discount can be applied on the part and labour. Mine have been pretty good in the past.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:43 pm I would contact Cazoo and tactfully suggest they pay for an official Porsche approved battery.

They must know that fitting non approved parts invalidates a Porsche warranty or precludes an extended warranty being issued.

In effect they have not supplied a Porsche in full, only 99% of one.
They supplied a car with non standard parts, any reputable company should know what that entails if one takes it to a main dealer and they find faults.

Primarily if one does not ask one does not get.

As it is it should have been checked over within the returns period, and sent back to Cazoo.

Better still buy from an OPC
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:03 pm

They supplied a car with non standard parts, any reputable company should know what that entails if one takes it to a main dealer and they find faults.

Primarily if one does not ask one does not get.

As it is it should have been checked over within the returns period, and sent back to Cazoo.

Better still buy from an OPC
If you want a better chance of having Porsche parts, buy from the OPC - don't expect it to always be correct (have seen cars sold with non N rated tyres for instance), but it will have the extended warranty of an approved car. You pay a premium for a 2 years warranty and supposedly a Porsche correct vehicle. dont expect perfection, as one recent post here proved when they discovered oil leaks days after buying.

If you buy privately or from a non OPC dealer a vehicle that already has Porsche warranty it MAY be in compliance with the renewal conditions of the Porsche warranty - this assumes that since the last inspection non Porsche parts haven't been fitted (tyres, battery, wiper blades, brake pads etc etc).

If you buy a vehicle from non OPC seller that doesn't have Porsche warranty already in place then you don't know what you are getting - The likes of Cazoo/Cinch etc do their inspection checks and fix most faults , but have no obligation to fit Porsche parts or Porsche approved tyres. Some buyers may take out the after market warranties offered , others may be lucky to find they have the correct items fitted due to a fastidious previous owner and can get the Porsche warranty if they even know about it. With online buying there is no opportunity to check yourself, hence why i'd never buy from Cazoo / Cinch etc.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I might agree re buying a Porsche from Cazoo but I disagree re other makes. We just bought a Kia Sportage from Cazoo and it was by far the best buying experience in my lifetime of buying cars. Very straightforward and the car was exactly as described on the website.
Of course there aren’t the warranty hoops that Porsche insist you jump through but for an everyday car I couldn’t fault the service or the car.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Jon A wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:47 pm I might agree re buying a Porsche from Cazoo but I disagree re other makes. We just bought a Kia Sportage from Cazoo and it was by far the best buying experience in my lifetime of buying cars. Very straightforward and the car was exactly as described on the website.
Of course there aren’t the warranty hoops that Porsche insist you jump through but for an everyday car I couldn’t fault the service or the car.
I'm glad you had a good experience, i'm sure they have many satisfied customers.

Personally i won't buy a car without inspecting it myself - I know i'm very fussy about condition and what's good for 99% of buyers is not good enough for me, irrespective of brand.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

You get to inspect it for seven days then if not satisfied they collect it free of charge. Slightly better than half an hour of tyre kicking…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Jon A wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:10 pm You get to inspect it for seven days then if not satisfied they collect it free of charge. Slightly better than half an hour of tyre kicking…
Haha, exactly!
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.