Air Con - Gen 3

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

MacanSman wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:47 pm So I've returned from a nice holiday away from the storms and dropped the car off today to have it looked at. Phone call later this afternoon to say there is an issue with the wiring loom that is causing the issue with the A/C and that they need to remove the steering column. They are looking to have the car back to me next Friday so have given me a loaner until then...... :cry:
cracking build quality these Porsches, eh? Did they at least give you a decent loaner ?

MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

THHGTTG wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:50 pm
MacanSman wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:47 pm So I've returned from a nice holiday away from the storms and dropped the car off today to have it looked at. Phone call later this afternoon to say there is an issue with the wiring loom that is causing the issue with the A/C and that they need to remove the steering column. They are looking to have the car back to me next Friday so have given me a loaner until then...... :cry:
cracking build quality these Porsches, eh? Did they at least give you a decent loaner ?
Audi A6............
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

It is worrying. I’ve had Mercs since 2006 and never had any of the issues I read on this forum.
Macan S MY 2023
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Nor have I with two Macans and zero problems!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4752

Skyway wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:03 pm It is worrying. I’ve had Mercs since 2006 and never had any of the issues I read on this forum.
maybe standards/costs have dropped in Gen 3 production ?
Deleted User 4752

MacanSman wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:52 pm
Audi A6............
quite like those. used to own one. Not “thrilling” because it was an oil burner, but definitely the best bolted together car I ever owned. Felt a lot more premium than the Macan, sadly
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

THHGTTG wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:34 pm

Audi A6............
quite like those. used to own one. Not “thrilling” because it was an oil burner, but definitely the best bolted together car I ever owned. Felt a lot more premium than the Macan, sadly
I'd have to disagree - The Macan certainly feels more of a premium car than the Audi, without a doubt. I can't knock the Macan - It's just one of those things that happen when issues arise with them.
Deleted User 4752

MacanSman wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:41 pm

Audi A6............
I'd have to disagree - The Macan certainly feels more of a premium car than the Audi, without a doubt. I can't knock the Macan - It's just one of those things that happen when issues arise with them.
i’m talking old A6, haven’t driven a new one. Mine was T reg, and built like a tank. It had zero performance but the inside was glorious.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Audi A6............
A6 - with the styling of a Russian doll blancmange and dreadful handling. Hardly premium.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4752

SAC1 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:17 pm

Audi A6............
A6 - with the styling of a Russian doll blancmange and dreadful handling. Hardly premium.
How long did you own yours? BTW, open your bonnet and look under your Macan, quite a lot of bits say Audi on them. Terrible they’re putting such “non-premium” parts on a Porsche isn’t it? 😉