Dumb question re ACC

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Tracky wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:11 pm
mueslibrown wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:38 pm I had a scare on Saturday - all of a sudden the car braked sharply, warning sound beeping and 'collision detection' appeared on the digital dial. Looked around and could see or feel nothing that could have 'hit'. It came completely out of the blue ... I was very spooked.
There has been more than one story where a car has emergency braked on its own for no reason and been rear ended !

Hence my comments that I’d rather not have it too as I learnt to drive and read the road not rely on electronics
I'm gonna relate the incident to my OPC and ask about the rear end situation as luckily no car was behind me at the time - it was really a WTF moment.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I wouldn't want it.

My mum has it on her Q2 and we had to turn it off permanently as it scared the bejesus out of her!!!!
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Heard many a bad story about it, and also witnessed some form of it in my works van. The van has auto braking on it and a couple of times I've had a mate following behind and he's almost him me cause the van a "seen" something and slammed the brakes on.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Also known of 2 Audi's that have been rejected due to safety fears cause the car has locked the brakes up with nothing around and almost had crashes.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Is there a way to turn the autobraking off? It’s happened to me a few times now, for zero reason and well, it would have been bad if someone had been behind me.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Yes it’s in the PCM under “vehicle” from memory.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I thought there was an emergency assist sensitivity setting but I’m not sure where it is on a Macan
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

SanPorMGTS wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:27 am Is there a way to turn the autobraking off? It’s happened to me a few times now, for zero reason and well, it would have been bad if someone had been behind me.
You turn off PAS in the PCM. Sorry about the TLAs (three letter abbreviations :D ). The only problem is you also turn off EBA (emergency brake assist) and that, for me, is one of the best featrues that comes with ACC.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

Thanks for this, I’ll have a look later - I’m not using ACC in London, so it’s better to turn off in case it causes accident during local driving… This all assumes the PCM turns on :)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

SanPorMGTS wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:27 am Is there a way to turn the autobraking off? It’s happened to me a few times now, for zero reason and well, it would have been bad if someone had been behind me.
Don’t drive to close to the vehicle in front.

The Auto Braking is only active when ACC is on.

Even if ACC is greyed out the Auto Braking is still active.

You can turn ACC off on the stalk so the greyed out control disappears and then there is no Auto Braking
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags