Help & Advice Needed Pls.

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Derek C wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:15 am
Percymon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:19 am I would think its for the phone , you can(could ?) buy dual sims so you kept one in the handset and one in the PCM.

Any more thoughts on whether its a keeper or return to Vardy's ?
Took it back yesterday mate, just waiting for the money to come through as i have a deposit accepted on a 2017 Gen 2 with Nav, Reverse Cam, Sports Memory seats, Pan roof, etc, very nioce car, low miles and ticks all the boxes i want ticking.

For anyone out there looking to buiy from Peter Vardy’s, don’t!!! They’re very quick to get your money but full of BS when there’s any complaints and very slow to react to anything. The sort of dealership that gives car dealers a bad rep.
Hopefully its all sorted for you this week, and you can then enjoy what is a wonderful vehicle. Definitely the right choice to return it, miss-sold after all, and seesm like you've found a more fitting replacement

Derek C

Post by Derek C »

Percymon wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:16 am
Derek C wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:15 am
Percymon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:19 am I would think its for the phone , you can(could ?) buy dual sims so you kept one in the handset and one in the PCM.

Any more thoughts on whether its a keeper or return to Vardy's ?
Took it back yesterday mate, just waiting for the money to come through as i have a deposit accepted on a 2017 Gen 2 with Nav, Reverse Cam, Sports Memory seats, Pan roof, etc, very nioce car, low miles and ticks all the boxes i want ticking.

For anyone out there looking to buiy from Peter Vardy’s, don’t!!! They’re very quick to get your money but full of BS when there’s any complaints and very slow to react to anything. The sort of dealership that gives car dealers a bad rep.

Hopefully its all sorted for you this week, and you can then enjoy what is a wonderful vehicle. Definitely the right choice to return it, miss-sold after all, and seesm like you've found a more fitting replacement
On paper at least, i’m 100% sure i have. The new one (he says with fingers crossed) has all the bells and whistles that the first one should have had, it’s also a nice colour in Agate Grey, a Gen 2 as opposed to the previous Gen 1 model, low miles etc. The only doiwnside is that it doesn’t have the roof bars fitted and i went and bought a set of Porsche Roof Rails to fit on the previous returned car so now they’re surplus, unless i can get a set of roof bars retro-fitted? The new one has the Pan roof so not so sure it’s doable?
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I didn’t know that you could get a Gen 2 Macan in Agate Grey? 🤔 Looking forward to some pics 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

If it's 2017 it's Gen 1. Gen 2 was 2019
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:10 pm If it's 2017 it's Gen 1. Gen 2 was 2019
I think the reference to Gen 2 was referring to the facelift/PCM changes ale 2016/early2017
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Ah! Gen 1.2 then!!!!
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

pmg wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:51 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:10 pm If it's 2017 it's Gen 1. Gen 2 was 2019
I think the reference to Gen 2 was referring to the facelift/PCM changes ale 2016/early2017
It was mate and TBH and as my introduction said, i’m a complete novice with Porsche as i’ve mostly had Audi’s for the last 20 or so years.

To clarify, the car has the newer updated PCM with Nav and Reverse Camera so that will do for me, if it has Apple Car Play that will be a bonus.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Many thanks for the clarification, Derek, and good luck with your purchase 👍👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Derek C

Post by Derek C »

AllanG wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:40 am Many thanks for the clarification, Derek, and good luck with your purchase 👍👍
This is the car i’ve reserved.

004AC48B-CCAE-4F1F-B104-AF4420A34DEE.jpeg

811C6E99-44BE-4D40-BF00-B6EE2DAC96AE.jpeg

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Pleased you have found what you have been seeking.

It is in reality a Gen 1a which was the first facelift update to the Macan, a few extras became standard like SatNav, rear seat heating zone, larger LCD screen and updated infotainment system, mobile phone connectivity etc.

The Connect system came in two versions Connect and Connect+ so do find out which is fitted to yours. To get the online services will require a My Porsche account and an annual subscription which is currently £139. The SIM slot is for a data SIM that is needed for streaming services and using the in car WiFi system.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags