Oil consumption 2019 Macan S

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
andreas

Post by andreas »

I've never added oil to mine. Oil was changed at 2 year service. Coming up for another 2 year service.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

pmg

Post by pmg »

andreas wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:39 pm I've never added oil to mine. Oil was changed at 2 year service. Coming up for another 2 year service.
and what mileage do you do each year?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
andreas

Post by andreas »

pmg wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:14 pm
andreas wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:39 pm I've never added oil to mine. Oil was changed at 2 year service. Coming up for another 2 year service.
and what mileage do you do each year?
First 2 year service was at about 18K miles. Lockdown means that second 2 year service will be done at around 30K miles.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

16000 miles when I picked it up, just over 19000 now. Oil level is ok as of yesterday. The sticker on the engine bay is for Mobil 1 0-30w. Just concerned that it needed a top up after such a short time. I'm sure the Stealer would give me the 'It's normal sir' spiel.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

It’s normal, many engines have higher oil consumption up to 25,000 km, then it should normalize for well over 100’000, until engine parts start to wear out. Please note that 90% of wear is due to cold,start, with limited lubrication until oil is flushed through all vital components.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:01 am I bought my previously loved Macan S in April and for one reason or another have only added 3000 miles to it. I was assured it had been serviced before I picked it up, but, as we know, there is no way of checking the state of the oil short of cracking the drain plug. So I was surprised when the 'Add a litre of very expensive Mobil 1' oil warning light came on. I haven't driven hard, well not more than a couple of times just to test it as you would, so I was curious if this was normal for this model. The Stealers were vague about it. Has anyone else had this issue or is it normal?
I assume that you didn't check the oil level soon after you took delivery of the car. Given the Dolomite Silver colour, I assume it's a Gen 2 car and, as such, would not actually have been due a service when you bought the car. To paraphrase Samuel Goldwyn, the dealer's verbal assurance is not worth the paper it's written on. Using 1L of oil in 19k miles is actually pretty good.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pmg

Post by pmg »

On-Track wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:49 am
Cheshire Cat wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:01 am I bought my previously loved Macan S in April and for one reason or another have only added 3000 miles to it. I was assured it had been serviced before I picked it up, but, as we know, there is no way of checking the state of the oil short of cracking the drain plug. So I was surprised when the 'Add a litre of very expensive Mobil 1' oil warning light came on. I haven't driven hard, well not more than a couple of times just to test it as you would, so I was curious if this was normal for this model. The Stealers were vague about it. Has anyone else had this issue or is it normal?
I assume that you didn't check the oil level soon after you took delivery of the car. Given the Dolomite Silver colour, I assume it's a Gen 2 car and, as such, would not actually have been due a service when you bought the car. To paraphrase Samuel Goldwyn, the dealer's verbal assurance is not worth the paper it's written on. Using 1L of oil in 19k miles is actually pretty good.
I was wondering when Cheshiree' Macan was/ is due it's 2 year service by anniversary and whether the service book has been updated. At 19000 now if oil has not been changed, that must be due
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

I checked the oil level when I picked it up. It had, allegedly, had it's two year service prior to collection as per the Porsche Used Car schedule. I had no paperwork to support that though, I guess it's on the computer at the Stealers. Therefore, I assume the thing used a litre of Mobil 1 in 3000 miles.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I've had to add two litres in the 24k miles and 27 months since new.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP