Year 2 Inspection Service Costs

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
TheTraveller
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:30 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Post by TheTraveller » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:26 am

TheTraveller wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:25 am
When I was looking to purchase my first Porsche in 1994. I saw the actual car I bought in a Porsche showroom in a City centre some 200 miles from where I live. When I showed an interest to purchase, the Salesman told me he could not sell it me, as I didn’t live in his area. And went on to explain I had to go my local Porsche dealer to buy.
That could not happen now, as EU clamped down on anti competitive practices. But it goes to show how it was years ago, and what they did.
So now they are competing with each other, even at the same franchise. I think it’s what they can get away with.

Percymon
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Percymon » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:56 am

peter7 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 pm
Just been to Brooklands today to ask about cracked door handle repair ... to inspect them they want £350 per hour !!! but it wont take an hour they said !!
might be of interest...

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/ ... 0-0001.pdf

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 16103
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by Wing Commander » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:02 pm

Percymon wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:56 am
peter7 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 pm
Just been to Brooklands today to ask about cracked door handle repair ... to inspect them they want £350 per hour !!! but it wont take an hour they said !!
might be of interest...

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/ ... 0-0001.pdf
Sadly Porsche GB don’t always take the same approach as Porsche in North America (e,g. water pumps on 991s). :(
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

Percymon
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Percymon » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:21 pm

They certainly don't but potentially there is a degree of cracking that may dictate a fix under warranty/goodwill rather than customer billing

peter7
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:18 am

Post by peter7 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:59 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:02 pm
Percymon wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:56 am
peter7 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 pm
Just been to Brooklands today to ask about cracked door handle repair ... to inspect them they want £350 per hour !!! but it wont take an hour they said !!
might be of interest...

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/ ... 0-0001.pdf
Sadly Porsche GB don’t always take the same approach as Porsche in North America (e,g. water pumps on 991s). :(
I did print this and produced it to the guy who books in services ... unfortunately he only books you in (at £350 per hr) so no influence on anything ... its now in the hands of Porsche GB .. watch this space
Macan S Agate grey 2014 one of the original press cars

Nelladrahcir
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:55 pm

Post by Nelladrahcir » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:09 pm

£350 an hr is obscene
Being built arriving March 22
Macan GTS, Crayon, 21" black spyders, 18w, GT steering wheel, full black leather with red stitching + s/belts, heated everything, bose, spare tyre, privacy glass, black door handles + mirrors, red GTS logo on blades.

Toddie
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Toddie » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:19 pm

But it’s only £62/50 per door handle!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.

Tracky
Posts: 2054
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Tracky » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:38 am

Toddie wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:19 pm
But it’s only £62/50 per door handle!
Which break….
Current

2019 992 S with £20k of various options (his)
2019 Macan S with £18k worth of various options ! (Her)
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6 (his)
2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG (dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S (her)

macanese
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:25 am
Location: Northleach, Cotswolds

Post by macanese » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:32 am

My recent research on servicing costs and options for gen 3 base macan outside opc network, reveal:

1. variable period oil and filter change with valvoline c20 approved oil and Mann filters which meet block exemption rules and service indicator reset at local NTS for £98.
2. brake fluid change at 2 years for £40 at Halfords.
3. mann charcoal pollen filter change at 2 years for £35 at Halfords.
4. 30 point visual inspection at 2 years as per porsche schedule for £30 at Halfords.

Note opc quoted c. £440 oil and £740 2 year inc oil. Above shows 98v440 and 203v742 while maintaining warranty and with more frequent oil changes!

All work this is documented and covered by vat invoice and therefore satisfies block exemption and warranty requirements.

I have personal experience using NTS with oil change on our mini cooper f56 which was excellent. For these prices I would consider an annual/10000mile oil change as per porsche USA maintenance schedules as preferable and cost effective. What are others thoughts? Hope this is useful for your consideration when talking to opc re quoted costs

I will explore other options with local indy as well as previously suggested.

Bluesnose1812
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:16 pm
Location: Worcestershire

Post by Bluesnose1812 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:58 am

macanese wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:32 am
My recent research on servicing costs and options for gen 3 base macan outside opc network, reveal:

1. variable period oil and filter change with valvoline c20 approved oil and Mann filters which meet block exemption rules and service indicator reset at local NTS for £98.
2. brake fluid change at 2 years for £40 at Halfords.
3. mann charcoal pollen filter change at 2 years for £35 at Halfords.
4. 30 point visual inspection at 2 years as per porsche schedule for £30 at Halfords.

Note opc quoted c. £440 oil and £740 2 year inc oil. Above shows 98v440 and 203v742 while maintaining warranty and with more frequent oil changes!

All work this is documented and covered by vat invoice and therefore satisfies block exemption and warranty requirements.

I have personal experience using NTS with oil change on our mini cooper f56 which was excellent. For these prices I would consider an annual/10000mile oil change as per porsche USA maintenance schedules as preferable and cost effective. What are others thoughts? Hope this is useful for your consideration when talking to opc re quoted costs

I will explore other options with local indy as well as previously suggested.
I'm with you if you intend to keep the car for more than 3 years. But how much value will you lose because the services weren't Porsche. I would guesstimate £3-4k.
--
Locked for April 22
Macan S|Jet Black|Pano¦ Wndw Trm |14 way¦Vented¦Belts|Air¦75L¦PwrStrng+|LamnAcousPrivcy Glass|Surr self park|SLI ¦LCA¦ACC¦Ioniser|Heated¦W/Scrn¦GT S/Whl|BOSE|18" Spare|Boot Mat| http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLJR217

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post